Are my tattoos a turn off for guys?

When I was in high school I got like 3 tattoos but they weren't really visible in my uniform and then when I graduated I went crazy with getting them and now I have 10. There are 2 on my back, like 4 together on my thigh, one on both my wrists and 2 together on my rib cage. I've had a guy tell me when he first saw me my tattoos were unattractive to him. So would this be unattractive to a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends what they look like and the design. If they are professionally done, then that's a lot better then home scabbing. I think having tattoos "puts you out there" for comment, both good and bad. I have a couple of professional tattoos, although not-thought-through design (playboy bunnies) on my arms. When they are visible I got a lot of unusual looks, and occasional negative comments (and even giggles), usually from other girls. My current girlfriend, however, made one comment about not liking them when we first met, wrinkled her nose, said "nothing to be done now", smiled and then has never said another word. It's been 18 months. So there is somebody out there for you, and ignore any haters.

What Guys Said 8

• There are many guys that like them, I'm sure. Why not wear something over them once in a while and see how conversations go with someone new? They will relate to you, based on your personality first. Once they get to know you, the reveal of your body decoration will become an extra thing about you, not a first thing. Then when a guy really likes you from the beginning, it shouldn't make any difference.

With your tattoos showing some guys will come up to chat and some won't. So you are turning some away by showing them. To answer your original question. With that many tats, I would be polite if you were introduced to me in a group, but I wouldn't approach you.

• Everyone has their opinion, but I find tattoos to be extremely sexy on women. It really depends on the guy though. From my experience, the guys that find them unattractive tend to be tight asses. And who wants to date a tight ass. Your tattoos are a reflection of you; your personality, a time in your life, an expression of art...etc. Whatever the case, a guy should like/love you for you, not your skin.

• It's possible to find tattoos unappealing and not be a tight ass. I'd rather find out all of those things you listed about a girl by talking to her than getting a guided tour of her tats.

• Regardless of what guys think I wouldn't worry about it

because it's not like you can remove them

For me, I don't really like them.

I don't really like piercings either. The only ones I like are ears

They are nice to look at and ask what was the reason for it etc etc

but I wouldn't want them on my girlfriend if I had a choice

However, If I felt strongly enough about you

I wouldn't really care then lol

• one tattoo, maybe two tattoos, small, it's all cool. anything else is just too much.

• tattoos on women are sexy!

• I don't like them. It can ruin a girls look. Why mess with something that's perfect?

• Yes unattracttive. I hate them.

• Some guys like it. Some don't. I don't like it.

What Girls Said 0