Do contacts bother you?

I'm getting contacts tomorrow ( finally) and I don't know if it would bother me. I know glasses might be easier but I don't like wearing glasses >.<

So do they bother you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have worn contacts for 7 years now and I ave never been bothered by them. You just have to look for ones that fit your eyes. Some will dry out. Some are to thick and become itchy. I'm sure your optometrist will tell you to experiment with certain ones. Just wear them for a week and see if they fit your eyes before you buy them. At least this is what I did. I didn't buy any until my eyes felt comfortable. Maybe I was a bit annoying about it but I'm the one that would have to suffer with uncomfortable contacts. Cleaning solutions make a difference I think too. So certain ones will make you contacts feel like new.

What Guys Said 5

• I wear hard lenses. With hard lenses I have 20/10 vision. On occasion I may get a speck of dust or dirt in my eye. The great thing with hard lenses is they're easier to pop out. I just put it in my mouth to clean it & put it back in.

I assume you're talking soft lenses. I would say just follow the wearing instructions & you'll love them.

• When you play sports they really get in the way, so I've rarely used them. Regular glasses may not be as cool, but they're easier to manage.

• They bother me, that's why I wear them every other day.

• Only if I have them in a long time

• Contacts don't bother you once you get used to taking them on and off.

You have to change them every 30 days or else they will build up too many minerals and then you might actually notice they are on. I've played sports with contacts and the only times I've had issues with them is when they were past their 30 day mark and were due for a change.

What Girls Said 7

• I used to wear glasses and they were do hard to deal with. I got contacts and have been wearing them for about 6 years. Honestly, I can't even feel them. I put them in in the morning and it's like they aren't even there until I take them out at night. I guess it all depends what brand you get too. I wear Acuvue Oasis, which help keep my eyes from getting itchy and dry. But no, they are great and you will be happier!

• My eyes are sensitive, and they bothered mine for a while, always made them red. I was reluctant to wear them because my eyes weren't so bad off that I NEEDED them so I often left them out.

Plus, they were a pain in the ass to remember to take in and out.

I would say to still give them a try, its worth it and they may really work for you. Don't let one person's experience determine what you do.

• If you take good care of them (take them out nightly, change the contact solution often, etc) they shouldn't bug you that badly. It might take time to get used to putting them in and taking them out- I know my dad still hasn't gotten the hang of it (and he's had contacts for a year!) but I started using them in seventh grade and they were easy for me to handle and SO much nicer than glasses. It's nice to be able to look up, down, left and right without turning your head. :) (makes people watching so much easier!)

• I wear one-a-day contacts. They are more expensive, but easier to use. You just put in a new pair everyday. It lowers the risk of eye infection, and if you tear one or something like that it is much easier to replace. Sometimes they can get dry if you wear them too long. You get used to them after a while. I don't own a pair of glasses, never have, but sometimes I wish I had gotten both because I always have to put in my contacts even if I don't feel like it now.

• Yes! I couldn't wait to get them, I wanted them for years because I HATE wearing glasses, like you. I finally got them and I only wore for them three times and decided they weren't for me. I had to blink like every 5-8 seconds (literally), because they bothered my eyes. My eyes are super sensitive, though and I have bad allergies. Taking them out was a HUGE pain too, but hey, who knows? Maybe you'll like them better. (:

• no I've worn contacts since I was 18 I think and I've never had any problems with them. I now wear the one a day contacts so I don't have to try to wash them on my own.

• they do at first, but it will get better trust me :)