Guys and girls, what type of shoes do you like to casually wear?

"casually" = anytime and anywhere, where there is no (official or unofficial) "dress code"

Feel free to be specific as to type of shoe, color, brand-name, how you wear different types of shoes per outfit / style of dress, how you accessorize your shoes (ex's. socks, laces, rhinestones, custom designing), etc.

-----

Here is my answer to my own question as an example:

I wear skater style shoes (usually DC or Adidas), and I wear ANY color of sneakers but white.

As for the shoes themselves, I like base neutral colors (base color = black, white, gray, chrome, gold). The designs on the shoes can be just about any color but yellow and orange.

I do occasionally change out my laces based on what I'm wearing.

I usually wear black socks, especially if I'm going "out" for the night. Black socks look dressier and I'm on that "grown man sh*t" when it comes to how I dress, yet I don't want to be TOO dressy when I don't have to...so this combo works for me.

------

Now it's your turn.

Thanks for feeding my curiosity. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• gladiator sandals C:

What Girls Said 16

• I just have a bunch of flats (black, red, or blue) that I can wear anywhere, they go with just about anything. I don't like having to buy several different kinds of shoes for different occasions. I have flats for warm, boots for cold :P

• I wear converses, I have red, grey, black, black&white in low top, high top and x-high tops(too old to wear those) I'm trying to be more womanly now that I'm getting older and wear flats, but I have to find really good ones because I don't want toe cleavage and foot sweating, and I don't want them getting wet in the rain lol. I might get some more shoes like converses but less sneaker like, less laces, maybe keds? I went through a high heel phase where I just wanted to wear high heel boots all the time; painful days. And my favorite look is flat boots in the winter, mostly calf length slender leather ones, looks great with my thick leggings.And I don't care what color my socks are, their never showing.

• I wear this pair of slip on sneakers that I got from the Philippines. I'm not entirely sure what brand they are, but they're super comfy. They are grey canvas with a cool looking dragon printed on the fronts. I've had them for so long that they're a size too small but I've stretched them to fit still haha. They have holes in the soles, the rubber's coming off the side, and there's a drip of blood going down one side. I love these shoes. If I had to get in a fight, I'd want those shoes on. Best shoes everrr.

• My rainbow colored New Balance tennis shoes :D

• Sexy, thong sandals, anything that ends up around the ankles. Have a zillion of those.

• converse all stars. it's like wearing socks that are okay to wear in public. and they can be dressed up and down.

• Flats/Sandals. They're perfect for practically every situation. My current favorite, which I wear as my default shoes are a pair of white Ralph Lauren sandals.

• Converse =)

• Sandals when it's hot, boots when cold.

• black sandals : )

• I love tennis shoes!.They are the coolest shoes anyone can ever run into.

• 2-3 inch wedge or thick heels in brown or beige suede or leather I love ankle boots, over the knee boots and basic sandals or classic pumps.

• Dc or vans

• Usually converse or my favorite pair of brown combat boots.

• sperry's all the way

• usually tennis shoes.

What Guys Said 10

• Etnies, or DC's. I prefer skate shoes, although I dont' skate. I used to desert race, although some things came up that changed that. Usually black or white laces. I've thought of using red and blue, but too much effort :3.

Black socks are rare, usually unless I'm wearing shorts/DC's . Other wise White socks, (ankle).

I suppose I've got more of a 'Bro' Dress style :3. No gauges though or piercings or anything. Not sure if people know of the "Bro" image from SoCal, but I hear its different in the east coast, with their hockey fanish and aero pastel type stuff.

• I'm from soCal and I went to UCSB for my undergrad...I know all about the "bro" dress style lol.

In fact I'm in San Diego right now and I see a lot of "bros" here lmao. 8-)

• haha.. I'm not really from anywhere, but I lived in cali for 9 years :L so it grew on me, although the behavior never did xD

• Nike 6.0's are my casual wear, I have 4 different pairs in assorted colors to match whatever I'm wearing that day

• Adidas Superstar

• Lugz, K-Swiss

• Converse.

• Whatever I can find in size 15, which are usually New Balance and Nikes.

• I usually wear a comfortable pair of new balance running shoes. They are usually white and clean.

• my nike or jordan basketball shoes

• Nikes, Rebok Reflexs, Five Fingers

• I like to wear sneakers and jeans when I can, and comfortable dress shoes when I have to do business.