Girls: Is height important in a man?

HI, I'm a guy, I consider myself pretty attractive @ face and with a fit body, but I'm only 5"7-5"8... Would you still look after me in the streets, etc? I'm almost 18 by the way with almond shaped hazel eyes and full lips etc :P Just wondering... Cus every girl I know says 6"+ at least.

I always thought of tall people as looking a bit clumsy, and just too big in general. Can I ever compare?

Thanks..

Most Helpful Girl

• Your height is a majority of the men actually... Guys I encounter on a daily basis are all around there and me being around there I am as tall as them, sometimes taller... I don't mind, it makes me feel like a super model haha

• You don't mind or it annoys you? :P

• It doesn't annoy me, it makes me feel like I am a Victoria's secret model haha... :) If you were 5"2, that would be a problem but for most girls you would be around her height, not shorter, so its no big deal!

What Girls Said 6

• Not really, unless he's extremely short (like 5'2") or extremely tall (like 6'5"). Even then, it only matters because I want to be able to reach his lips, haha. 5'7"-5'10" is ideal if I HAD to choose a range.

• Course you can! ^_^

A lot of girls like a guy who is taller than her. If I really like a guy and he's 5'8 then its enough height. Like mi friend said before he's just tall enough at 5'8.

If he's taller it's more appealing but doesn't mean that I wouldn't give a guy a chance because he's not 6ft+

• My boyfriend is 5'7. I don't think it's a bad height at all. And I'm 5'2 by the way and the same height as him when I wear heels and it doesn't bother me

• I think it depends. I'm always saying how I want a huge man, but they actually scare me LOL I think if he has bigger shoulders, and is 2-3 inches where I can look up at him and wear heels. I should be fine. :)

• I think that as long as the height gap between you and the girl is no more than a head, I wouldn't care.

• My boyfriend is 6'4 and I love it :) I tend to only be with guys around 6'+. I'll get down votes for this, but I can honestly say it's true. None of the grown men in my family are under 6'. My uncle is 6'8, my cousin is 6'6, my father is 6'2, my two brothers (both 10 years old) are on track to be 6'5-6'7 and 6'3. That's just how it is in my family. Being surrounded by tall men makes me think they, in fact, are the normal ones. Even though the average man is 5'8-5'10. Is it my fault that that's the type of man I'm attracted to? No. Is it their fault? No. Every girl is different, but that's just me.

What Guys Said 4

• Stupid question. Yes, height is important. Very few girls like to date guys who are shorter then them. I know countless women who have refused guys for that reason and that reason alone. Facts of life suck.

Excuse my manors. I'm in a steamrolling mood today.

• You have to focus on your strengths man. If you are good looking and not a complete midget, you have a lot going for you. I know multiple tiny guys 5'2-4"-ish with pretty hot girlfriends, ofcourse these girls are very tiny too, but I don't think you are hoping to date a 6' girl, right?

I'm 6'4", but I'm going bald, sh*t happens. I just keep in mind that I have my strengths and that any girl that would dismiss me because of something as superficial as that isn't worth bothering anyway.

• It can be a factor, but not always a deal breaker, it would all depend on the girl because some girls are really stuck on the guy has to be taller thing. In all honesty I wouldn't really care if the girl was taller then me, if I'm attracted to her and she has a good personality and we click, I don't see why it matters but that's my opinion, plus I'm not that tall 5'10", I'm not in the 6ft range anyway.

• Height matters.