Ever wish you had straight hair?

I have curly hair link link

link

And although I've learned to accept it/like it, I still can't help but wish I had NATURALLy straight hair like link

link

link

I could straighten it everyday but it'd be an inconvenience time wise haha. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate having curly hair but if given the choice I'd definitely go with thick, straight, black hair.

Anyone else with curly hair wish they could have naturally, thick straight hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. I just wish my curly hair would cooperate more often, haha

I like my curly hair. I think it suits me. Plus, it kind of sets me apart from all the other 19 year olds with straightened or iron curled hair.

I'm lucky though, because my hair is pretty versatile. Depending on what I do with it when I get out of the shower, I can have tight, bouncy curls, looser, ringlet-ish curls, waves, or I can straighten it. I prefer the second, but I pretty much do whatever will work best with my hair at the time. It's never the same twice, that's for sure, haha

What Guys Said 4

• "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." I really can't describe this situation any other way.

• When I was a kid I had strait hair. As I got older it started to curl more and more. Then I moved from a temperate climate to a humid and very rainy climate and then my hair got even more curly than ever before. What kind of climate do you live in?

• I live in Texas ha ha So, either hot and sunny or hot and humid or cool or freezing in the winter

why?

• Because hair reacts to atmospheric moisture, and my hair gets fairly strait in dry arid climates like Las Vegas and the southwest when I visit there. But I live near the pacific coast and my hair gets really poofy and curly as it rains here a lot.

• i wish I had curly hair sigh

• nooo, you definitely don't

• Compared to straight hair? Yeah, it is. I never said it was hell, but you can't compare it to straight hair

• yo people stfu xD I want curly hair end of discussion

• Only to have hair like Anime & video game characters haha.

What Girls Said 10

• I've always had wavy hair but sometimes certain products do tend to make my hair go curly but not that curly. Loose curls basically but I definitely wish I had straight hair. That would make life so much easier. Because I straighten it and am used to seeing it straight I instantly feel less confident when my hair isn't straight. I wish I never started straightening my hair.

• Yes dude..i understand it is so much easier...what sucks is sometimes your good hair days still lokk like sh*t.

I have been flat ironing now...but luckily no heat damage..my hair really enjoys heat for some reason..i expected my curl pattern to get loose or get burnt ends or something but I guess I do it right. I do wish my hair wasn't curly at all. I have cousins with long straight hair..you know that filipino hair..i just hated how mine looked like a lions mane no matter what I did to it. Some straight hair falls flat..but hair like kim k'a is thick healthy and voluminous. My hair is more thick

healthy, dry and frizzy. My hair is work. Why can't I just walk out of my shower towel dry my hair and leave the house? No I have to saturate my sh*tty hair in products so people can accept me in society. It I walk outside with untamed curls..odds are people thinl I never shower and my hair is dirty.

• Have you ever thought about getting a relaxer (which will permanently straighten it) or using a texturizer ( which will loosen the curls making it easier to manage and style the way you want it.

Or you could try a blow out link

• I've thought about the brazilian blowout or a texturizer but I've been chemical free for over a year now and I try to refrain from using any type of chemicals on my hair. I used to straighten my hair every single day, for years at a time. Finally, last year, I decided to stop dying and straightening it.

My hair has been so much healthier and it's truly been a process of me learning to accept my actual texture. While I like it, I still can't help but want straight hair every now and then

• I know how you feel I haven't relaxed my hair in about a year, but I still straighten it and dye it. I absolutely hate my hair's natural color.

I had this friend with hair like yours, I introduced her to the old fashioned "hot comb" she's been using it ever since, it a a lot faster and easier than flat iron lol

• My hair is a tad bit curlier and I live in Florida where the humidity is a nightmare. I wish my hair wasn't as frizzy so I could actually rock curls without looking like a poof ball.

Have you tried a natural keratin treatment like Organix Brazilian Keratin? It last for 30 days and it's all natural. No frizz problems and you have the ability to make your hair from manageable - bone straight.

• Whoever has curly hair wants straight hair, and whoever has straight hair want curly hair. My hair used to be wavy, but it's wavy/straight now since I used to straighten it every single damn day, so my curls stretched out. I believe you are lucky to have curly hair because you can straighten it, and curl it with curling iron whenever you want, and don't forget you can style it any style you wish, and it won't fall out.

• Curly hair isn't that hard to maintain once you know what your hair likes and what works for your hair. Once you stop trying to get your hair to be straight and do something it wasn't meant to do and figure out what makes your curls their healthiest and bounciest, then curly hair is awesome and tons of fun! You just have to find a product and hair regimen that works for your hair type.

• I'm not gonna lie, sometimes my curls irritate the hell out of me, but I'd never not want them around. I love the way it feels when I finger comb my hair and I can feel all the little curls around my fingers or even just playing with them when I'm bored. Plus it's easier to hide bad eyebrows or acne with huge curly hair than it would be with straight hair.

• yeah. I like my hair, but straight hair would be easier to handle.

• nope. I like to keep my hair curly some days which works better when you are a woman of color because the curls stay :) then some days I like to wear it straight. right now I'm wearing my hair curly

• I used to wish I did.

But I've grown to love my mane :D haha

• i have hair that is wavy/curlyish but it frizzes and annoys me.

i definitely wish it was naturally straight.

i do keratin treatments on it, but that is not permanent. it is great while it lasts but after a few months it is all blargh again.

so I hear you!