Should guys be toned / muscular even if they don't do any sports?

I'm 18, and not doing any sports atm. I thought of putting on some muscle (not a lot, just getting bigger shoulders and toned ,etc). But would this be acceptable in your opinion without playing a sport? Or would it be too 'tryhard' just going to the gym to improve your looks? Is it too douche?

What would you prefer?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's definitely not douchy! That means you want to take care of your body which is such a great characteristic. I can't see how it can not be acceptable.

What Girls Said 2

• You're being healthy wuch is great! I go to the gym several times a week to stay fit and I sure as hell don't play sports so you're good. :)

• Okay.. I thoguth a lot of girls sort of looked down upon it, like you are brainwashed by the media or whaever. Not talking about abercrombie & fitch models anyway, but a little tone ;o

• You're only a tool if you act like one, muscles got nothing to do with it

• i just think it gives the impression that you like to take care of yourself

What Guys Said 1

• Its only douchey to the ones that don't do it an they'll act douchey in return, I get the stuck up presumption just because I got fit and now walk around with confidence. The enviers will hate