How to be more naturally feminine and girlie?

I'm can be such a tomboy sometimes and come across as rough and tough, but deep down I am very soft and feminine.

How can I bring out that side of me more?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well being a tomboy isn't too bad. Personally, I think it's best you be yourself, tomboy or not. It's never good to make yourself out to be something you're not, because nobody can maintain that, and really, isn't it better to be yourself, and have people like you for who and what you are?

As for femininity, I guess you could dress more girlie than you already do. Maybe wear more dresses, or wear cuter clothes or something. Maybe getting your nails done might help. Perhaps a few experiments with makeup or something. Do you have any close (girl) friends? Maybe they can give you a hand with that stuff. Maybe family? I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your family, but maybe they can help. I don't know.

I hope this helps a little. Still, as I said, try not to change who you are, at least not at your core. OK?

What Guys Said 4

• Not sure. I've always been a sucker for tomboys myself. They're so much more fun. Nothing is sexier than a girl that is down to go fishing with ya lol. From a guy's perspective...just don't over do the tomboy stuff. It's great to be one of the guys, but when a girl seems like she could beat my ass...no so hot. Just be yourself, your feminine side will show.

• If you are "deep down soft and feminine" then you have no problem, just dress like a girl and act like a girl.

• Dress more feminie. Wear more skirts/dress and clothing with more girlie colors or print.

• Naturally? idk, I look tough at fist glance but then people notice otherwise just through body laguage alone

What Girls Said 2

• Are you referring to clothing, posture, makeup, hobbies, or all the above? If you're looking to incorporate femininity into your wardrobe, find a few feminine pieces that pair well with what you already have. My suggestion would be to take a few of your favorite 'tomboy' pieces with you shopping, stop in a girlie store that calls out to your style, and ask help from the people on the floor to match what you have. Accessories can also lend a more 'put together' feel to the look.

Hobbies, makeup, and speech styles... Hobbies aren't an issue, do what you love. Makeup... feel free to experiment with what you like, but don't feel obligated to wear any. Some rarely wear any, myself included. Start out with maybe a lightly tinted chap stick if you're used to nothing at all. (Chap, not gloss, since it's like lotion rather than body glitter). Manner of speaking, such as if you have a swearing problem, or use crude innuendo– is changed just by being consciously aware of what you're saying and to who. If you're not swearing like a sailor, again, it's not something to worry about.

There's not a lot you can do for your walk, stance, and posture without some serious self discipline and focus. It's not worth worrying or changing, unless you're unhappy for being told something like, "You clomp about like a drunken moose." I don't think you have that problem.

Overall? Just don't be afraid to express any reactions that rise from your softer side, and don't do an overhaul just because you want to develop an image. Go with things that make you feel comfortable, ditch things that don't work.

• I don't think you need to change, but from what male friends have said:

They don't like girls who have attitude problems, and I find that boys at university don't like girls who speak badly (i.e a bad accent). I'm not sure if you have this in the US, but there are certain accents in the UK that reflect a bad background.

Also, they don't like it when girls wear lots of makeup and dress revealingly. (i.e short skirt, very low top).

Other than that, it doesn't matter if you dress boyishly, but you want, you could switch to slightly more feminine clothes, such as skinny jeans instead of flared jeans.

But it depends on who you want to attract. I find that the more educated boys want more respectable girls. Boys at college wanted someone who had good fashion sense etc and didn't care that they mixed with rough people.

Boys at university want more respectable girls.