Tips for first photo shoot?

so I asked a question before, dealing with a studio that wanted me to do a shoot for a hair and makeup look, and I've never done any modeling, but today when I talked to them, they had showed some pictures of me to a local boutique owner, and they want me to model some clothes for them too, and share the photos between them for advertising.

so I'm really excited because this boutique specializes in vintage fashion, and is really widely renowned in the local fashion scene. but I'm nervous because I am NOT a model and I do NOT know what to do!

should I try to lose weight before hand? because you look 10 lbs heavier on camera, and what else should I do?

YES I am doing this for free, and NO I'm not getting scammed, I know my stylist pretty well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't push yourself too hard to lose weight for a vintage fashion shoot. The emphasis is not on your body as much as it would be on something like a swimsuit shoot.

And you're in a good place weight-wise to begin with.

It's important to know what your face looks like and know which facial expressions are photogenic and which aren't. Spend some time in front of the mirror and try it out. Take so pics of yourself doing different "looks" and Zoolander would put it.

The photographer or shoot director MIGHT give some direction on how he/she wants your face or body positioned, but for the most part, you're on your own and these are your decisions to make. Try to become familiar with different poses and angles. The more positions you come prepared with, the more free-flowing the shoot will be.

Don't worry about it. Act as if the shoot really doesn't matter. If you are nervous when the shutter snaps, it will literally show in your eyes and upper cheek muscles, making you look fatigued and underslept, and thus, ruin the photo.

Let your personality show on camera. You probably hear this a lot, and you don't really know how exactly you're supposed to enact something that metaphorical, but if you just let loose and roll with it, you'll look far more natural, and the photos will make you look like more of a fun and real person and less of a doll.

Lay the makeup on thin, but keep a good powder. The camera loves capturing the skin's natural oils almost as much as it loves capturing caked-on foundation and inappropriately dramatic eyeliner. Unless, you're doing a shoot that requires dramatic makeup, keep it thin.

You don't want foundation crumbs showing up on your photos, and you don't want your blush making you look flustered. You say you'll have a makeup artist, so you should be pretty good.

Come into the shoot open-minded. Don't try to predetermine in your mind how the shoot is going to go. Then it will never go the way you want it to. Just hang back, have fun, obey the photographer, and don't blink on half your pics. There's going to be bright light in your eyes. You'll just have to deal with it, sweetie ; )

Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• they've already seen pictures of you and know what to expect. just show up and do exactly what they say. I was nervous my first time too.

• The biggest thing you need to know is to have confidence. It will show if you don't. Other than that just listen to the photographer and have fun.

• be you

What Girls Said 4

• SOME women don't eat for a day or two prior, but they saw you with the weight you're at anyway why bother? And you don't always look 10 pounds heavier on film, I heard that was used to make people feel better. From you're picture you look gorgeous and perfect be you and have fun! welcome to modeling!

• be confident. have fun. I love photoshoots. I love my photographer. just be comfortable.

youll have fun.

• be yourself, and take direction well

• Don't be scared, its fun to model, I did it once. for my moms friend for her photos class. Don't lose weight, that's for silly people, appaerntly they think your nice the way you are if they asked you to do it. Right?