How do you feel about tattoos and piercings?

I'm trying to find out if girls that like tattoos are the majority or the minority.

i also want to know how many guys like them on girls.

i think tattoos look bad on people, some of them look cool but I usually don't like any of them on anyone.

i really don't like them on girls(tho it won't stop me from sleeping with them if they have tattoos).

• I like tattoos & piercings
  • I only like tattoos
  • I only like piercings
  • I don't like either
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you'll be able to find an average, but I'll give you my view on it :]

I live in Hawaii, so a lot of locals have tattoos on either their upper arms or legs that are specific to their heritage. If they have these, I think of them as being more a part of them because they aren't trying to stand out, instead they're joining a family tradition and I've never met soemone who had them and didn't keep up other traditions as well. It seems more like a lifestyle than a personal statement or distinction from others and almost the opposite of rebelling. These are usualy on 17 year olds or older- the 17 year olds having had parental consent, which is common because it is tradition. It strikes me a lot less than infant girls having their ears pierced, and it leans in the other direction, it's more of a "turn-on" then something apalling.

I think girls getting butterflies and such is a little silly, and the girl equivalent of getting "mom" bannered on a heart. If she has something that's more tailored to her actual personality, then I like them. If they suit the person's attitude, it seems less of an "add-on" and more that they're just as bold on the outside as the inside.

Guys are pretty much the same thing, if it's a custom design with significance to who you think you are, it's fine. The skulls and flames on motorcyclists are more attractive on actual bikers, leather jacket, shaved head, etc. then a young twenty some year old.

I don't mind at all if marines or soldiers get them, but if they do I prefer the bands that wrap around an arm but don't extend very long (at least the first one) If he has multiple tattoos (preferably just on the arm and maybe one small design somewhere else) they can get longer the higher the number they are.

I do like when girls get temporary tattoos, though. Or henna.

• makes sense.

i like the way tattoos are done in Hawaii.

• There are tattoos made with five year ink, too. I think those would be okay to get. Not much different from a girl dying their hair, just longer lasting.

• trippy. didn't know that was a thing.

What Girls Said 11

• I love them! Haha, well, depends on which ones. If someone has a hello kitty or whatever tattood I think it's kinda stupid. I only like them when they have a meaning and fit the person.

Like someone who has a big tattoo on her arm when she has a small arm it's like...make it fit, woman!

I like piercings as well, but depends on if they pull it off or not. I don't like eyebrowpiercings though, the rest of them are fine.

• On other people I couldn't care less. But on myself I'd never want them. Tattoos or piercings can impact things like my career and I don't want to risk losing out on a job. I also just don't like the whole "rough" look that it often creates. Especially tattoos. But like I said, if other people want then, fine. But I'd never be able to see myself with any piercings or tattoos.

• I don't really like either.

I think some can be good, but a lot of people don't think about what they'll look like when they're older, or if they change their mind.

Each to their own really though! My partner has a pierced ear and that's it. I have pierced ears as well.

• haha we'll you're a girl, that's not really anything strange.

• And I didn't say that. I said if you think about it I have no problem with it. It's when people willy nilly, aka la-de-dar go, I think I'm going to get a tattoo today, on the random!

• o yeah, my bad.

well aright then.

• i don't really like tattoos because I think it distracts from peoples natural beauty/attractiveness. on guys I think eyebrow piercings look good but only on some.

• I like both. Honestly, I prefer my guy to have at least one tattoo since I define tattoo as art. Piercings are okay, as long as they don't look feminine, or all over his face/body or whatever. I would love to get my body inked in the future. I was actually going to get a tattoo, but because I couldn't think of anything valuable, I got my cartilage (ear) pierced, which makes a total of 5piercings, so far. Oh, and I'd like to get more than one tattoo, nothing big or fancy, just some things I believe and would like to display to the world. One of these tats, I want a matching one with whoever I end up with.

• Tattoos and piercings don't matter to me. I prefer if a tattoo has meaning for someone, rather than just random nonsense. Piercings I'm completely indifferent about. Overall I'm a firm believer that it's your body and you can do what you want with it, so if it makes them happy it probably won't bother me.

• Hot. I like both, especially tattoos on guys. Piercings are hit or miss on the opposite gender.

• hit or miss?

what makes them hot?

• interesting to look at, can show personality, what a person's in to, sometimes history, values, meanings ect. If it's just a dragon or something, really unoriginal and done for the purpose of looking cool then that's an instant turn off but when it's got meaning behind it and passion, then I find it awesome, a bit of depth and creativity.

• ah, alright. coo then.

• It depends on the extent to which they're done I suppose. Chances are, the girl/guy with the tatted up arms and neck aren't going to be working as a professional in any field soon so to me, it can either be done with class or like trash.

My nose is pierced and I wear a little ball thing link

And I've thought about a tattoo or 2(which can be covered), but I'm not so sure it's worth it in the long run I guess. But I won't lie, I don't think guys can pull off piercings so it just ends up looking gay or emo-ish

I don't judge people based on tats or piercings though

• hah I wouldn't have expected you to.

but I kinda see what you mean about not pulling them off.

• I'm not a big fan of tattoos. I mean its not a deal breaker but I would prefer that people didn't have them or at least not have them in really visible places. I don't usually mind guys who have their ears pierced as long as its a normal piercing and not like a gauge or something. I just don't find them attractive. I don't really like other piercings outside of the ears.

• I love piercing and tattoos. Body mods in general are nice :D

I really love them on guys, and myself haha

But tattoos only if they are well done, and artistic, not trashy ones.

• Piercings are sexy. Especially snake bites in guys.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't really like tattoos. They're far too overdone in this generation. Other body modifications are alright though. especially if done by oneself. I have two piercings are several brands that I did my self.

• as long as there are none on your face or hands and you only have 2 or 3 med sized tattoos it's alright. someone covered with them or has a huge tattoo is a bit much for me.

• I always tell people if they want to get a tattoo, make sure they think long and hard about what they want. I waited one full year before getting mine and I couldn't be happier. Make sure it's meaningful and personal. I should update my tattoo pic.

• I don't have a problem with it.

• I'm not a big fan of tattoos my, ears are 3/4 but I'm not into facial piercings either but the girl I wanna get with has it all so..., I think they're gimmicky and a bit too common especially when people ask "where are yours?"

• it depends what they have pierced . I like belly button , nose stud , ears and tongue piercings on girls for sure . some tattoo's really work for me as well but it depends where they are and what they got . the right tattoo can be a turn on . I still like tattoo's on the lower back area even though they went out of style . it used to be every other girl had one now no one has one anymore but there still geting inked in other places .