How many of you are actually self conscious of their fingers?

I personally have largish fingers for a girl because I crack my knuckles many times a day, resulting in swollen joints. I am quite self conscious that people will judge me on my fingers and I was just wondering if anyone else is self conscious about their fingers for any reason as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• iam a little self conscious about 2 of my fingers. my middle and index finger got smashed when I was a child, and as a result they didn't grow straight.. my one index finger is a bit shorter and stubbier than the other and is a bit crooked, and the tip of my middle finger was pretty much on a 45 degree angle until I had corrective surgery done a while back. people don't notice though unless I tell them then they usually grossed out. still have a relatively big scar on my middle finger, and its been about 11 years since surgery.

What Guys Said 5

• I understand that a recurring theme with people that have been born blind and regained their sight later on in life have all found their own hands to be particularly ugly or freakish. I also have it on good authority that while tripping it's a particularly bad idea to look at your own hands, and if you think about it hands are pretty weird things.

I'd say it's perfectly normal to find them a bit weird-looking, I usually find that girls find their own feet pretty repulsive, so it's not too much of a stretch that you would think the same about your hands and fingers.

I do get a bit self-conscious about my hands sometimes, but only because they are huge. I'm 5'11", and fairly skinny, so they're totally out of proportion, but is not like I can do much about them so I try not to let them bother me.

• I love my long skinny fingers. They work great for playing the piano and other pleasurable activities. :)

• im not, I just see them as ways for me to do things like type on keyboard and eat :D

• Stop-I am paying for cracking my fingers. I am self-conscious of one finger. I broke it a half dozen times and it looks a bit f***ed up

• Stop. A friend of mine cracks her knuckle like 20 times a day and it's incredibly loud/disturbing. Her index finger knuckle is like twice the size of the others...and she still can't stop doing it. Your knuckles / joints weren't meant to crack that often (at all? not sure). That discomfort which makes you want to crack them will go away after a while.

What Girls Said 2

• I have midget hands. ._.

• Yeah, I just pay attention to them that's all. I don't really think there's anything wrong with them. My hands/fingers are quite small anyway.