Do Relationships work better when the woman is better looking, or the man is better looking?

I know it varies for all couples in some way, but do you think a relationship works better when

A) The boy and girl are of the same level of attractiveness

B) When the guy is more attractive than the woman

C) When the woman is more attractive than the male

Which one do you believe in and why?

• The boy and girl are of the same level of attractiveness
  • When the guy is more attractive than the woman
  • When the woman is more attractive than the male

Most Helpful Guy

• The woman. Women are the flashier gender, unlike most species. Take for example lions, peacocks, gorillas... The males have flashier physical traits. Lions have the mane, male peacocks put on a beautiful display of tail-feathers, and gorillas have incredible strength, shiny coats and silver backs. The opposite female genders within those species, notice, are very plain looking in comparison.

With humans it's the opposite. Women will always be more beautiful than men (provided good genes, even for both parties) and even women will admit to this. With that said it's much more common to see attractive women with (not as) attractive men. In addition, we all know that when a woman pushes her luck with a man, trying to make things work that were never meant to, she will be cheated on sooner or later.

It's important that, if a woman expects a man to make the first move, that he is very much into her for who she is. Beggars can't be choosers. If you're "supposed" to be the prize, the one people are chasing, don't turn around, yourself, and go off chasing something that you can't have.

What Guys Said 12

• The woman should always be better looking than the man. It is important that a man see his woman as the greatest thing in the world and it is equally as important for the woman to feel secure in her mans loyalty. If he is better looking you will always feel insecrue in your relationship. It can work the same if you both are of equal attractiveness but you still have to communicate how you feel about one another to maintian security for both parties.

• Wish there was a 4th answer: Doesn't matter.

• I say "C"...when the female is slightly more attractive than the guy.

The dude will stop "hunting" for new pu$$y...and the woman will be emotionally and emotionally attracted and connected to her man.

Also...if the dude is prominently better looking than the girl, I think the girl's jealousy will eventually be uncontrollable and probably overcome her, especially since females are more aggressive these days.

• i think A and C

since because if the guy is more goodlooking he tends to cheat

• let's listen to this guy and see what words of wisdom he has to offer us link

• I don't it matters

as long as each party is content with their choice then it doesn't matter who is more attractive

• i don't want to date someone who is too different from me on the looks scale. but I don't really know how I would be judged and it also depends on what "scale" is used.

• girls are attracted to strong, influential and charismatic men..but not all of them can get us..

• I believe its the guy who has to be better looking, because women have the ball in their court si therefor, they can turn down guy after guy. Guys on the other hand are just happy a women is showing interest in them no matter how ugly they look.

• i think it just depends on the people

• I think it depends on the people not the attraction level.

• IT is better when the woman is better looking. They've actually done studies show this is the case. There's the least amount of divorce when attractive women marry successful men who are less handsome. The theory goes that attractive men are sexy to other women and the wife/girlfriend constantly has to worry about other girls stealing her man. An attractive woman who has a guy that is successful generally speaking is more likely to get married and stay married according to statistics.

Sorry, I can't find the link right now, but I remember reading this a while back. I've had several long-term relationships that worked out well with women much better looking than I am, and interestingly enough, I was certainly more successful professionally than they were. So it plays out true in real life, or at least it did for me.

• actually that's wrong the study I read showed that the relationship workds better when the guy looks better.

What Girls Said 8

• A seems the best to me. Neither person would end up feeling insecure because of a better looking partner, unless they're just generally insecure).

• C- When the woman is better looking That is a fact.

• Care to reveal your sources?

• Well it is, Less attractive men will treat more attractive women good and some are like a ring in the women's finger why? because they are better looking and men dream of having them so he treats her good and she ends up happy with him and him happy with her.

When it comes to B, when the guy is more attractive he end up thinking highly of himself and end up arrogant and look at evey girl in his way, cheat or just not treat her good because she is less attractive.

• Men wants the look (that is a fact) and they treat a girl who is better looking than them better than the less attractive girl.

Women want to be treated good and men wants looks so they are both satisfied when it comes to C.

• They work better when people aren't immature and actually believe that this kind of crap is relevant

• we all see attractive differently so it doesn't really matter. we won't all agree on any couple that the man or woman is better looking etc

so as long as they are happy and content with one another and themselves, who cares

• I think when they are the same attractiveness or when the woman is better looking. I don't know many women that would date q better looking man. I would be intimidated when we are in public that everyone was wondering what a hot guy was doing with me lol

• Does it really matter? I don't think it does, everyone is different, therefore different situations and points of view, personally I don't care if I look better than my guy or not, I think what's more important in a relationship, what makes it work, is how much you want to be with the other person, of course there are more other things which are important to make a relationship work, but if there is no interest there is no relationship, because, who wants to be with someone they are not interested in?

• woman, theyr more insecure. if she knows she looks better than her then she thinks he'll stay with her. that's what I have noticed anyway

• ideally when they're both the same level of attractiveness...but if I had to choose I would say when the woman is more attractive. women usually go for personality and such while guys are more visual. if the guy was more attractive and didn't find his girlfriend to be the most attractive he might go after someone he thinks is prettier...while if the woman is more attractive and she's happy with how he treats her, she won't necessarily be concerned with finding someone more attractive.