Is 5'8 1/2 an acceptable height for a guy?

Also, can you please state how tall you are? And your age?

• Yes
  • No
5'8 and a half BAREFOOT.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, that's definitely an acceptable height :) I'm 5'9" and 19 years old.

What Girls Said 13

• absolutely :) I'm 5'4 and I would most definitely date a guy who's 5'8.

• I'm 5'4 and yeah, that's fine.

• I'm 22, 5'4'' and I voted yes.

• I'm 5'0 tall ,and 20 years old .

5'8 and a half is a very acceptable height for a guy to me .

• Yeah but most girls are 5'5 so that is mainly what I worry about.

• You shouldn't worry about it though ,because a 5'5 girl would certainly say the same thing I did . :)

• Ok thanks :)

• not for me just cause I'm 5'7 and not super petite. however I am tall for a girl and that's the main reason why it'd be too short

• I've seen a 5'5 girl on a dating site put her date requirement as 6'0 to 7'11 :(

• The 7'11 part is what really got me. How could anyone find that attractive. I don't see how a guy over 6'2 or 6'3 can possibly be attractive... Let alonen 7'11 jeez

• lol if they were that tall they would need to be really big otherwise theyd be grossly skinny. I don't think id wanna date someone that tall. it would make kissing not fun

• yeah it is. I'm 5"8.

• Yeah, I'm 5'3 its fine with me.

• Im 5ft 7 and I'm 19 :) x

• Yes, I'm five ft

• I'm 5'4 and 5'8 is acceptable, and I've dated someone that height. However, now I'm with a guy who's 6'4 and I don't plan on leaving him. But IF I did, then 5'8 would be perfectly fine.

• Um sir, you are a bit too tall to be asking this question. I could understand if you where 5,5 or 5,6 but 5,8.

I'm 5,10 by the way, and 20 years old. I like short guys because they tend to be more passionate when it comes to women; probably because they have to compete with the tall guys. All I know is any shorties out there that can hang with me and still feel like a manly man are confident with their sexuality... or they just like being at eye level with my boobs.

• I'm 5'7, and I actually prefer when a guy is only an inch or two taller than me.

• look, you shouldn't be asking what is acceptable. just be happy with yourself and go out and put your best foot forward and have confidence.

im not going to lie to you, I like guys who are much taller, like 6'0 and over and those are usually the ones I date. he's not officially my boyfriend yet, but the guy I'm dating right now is 6'3.

its not out of the question to date a 5'8 guy, but I just prefer tall guys and tall guys hit on me way more. I just think tallness in a guy is really sexy. you shouldn't let other peoples preferences in partners dictate whether or not you feel "acceptable" though. I don't evaluate myself that way based on any number of preferences that different guys have. and neither should you. I know a lot of guys around your height who have gfs or hook up a lot. one of the hottest guys in my school last year was shorter than you are actually. he had a great personality and he was intelligent as well. total package. and I had a few male friends around 5'7/5'8 who were good looking too. I've never dated a guy that short but I have been attracted to guys around that height. a lot of them actually. don't worry about it.

oh, I'm averagely short for a woman. I'm slightly over 5'4 but not quite 5'5.

• You said you are attracted to guys 5'7/5'8 but yet you say you are only attracted to guys 6'0 and over? I'm confused...

• Typical hypocritical girl. They say one thing and do another. Either that or they seriously don't realize what they want.

• lol are you going to point out where I said I only like certain guys? I still don't see it.

in order to be a hypocrite you have to claim something then do the opposite. if I said my preference is tall men, and I said I tend to date tall men, how am I hypocritical? really confused about where you're coming from.

im not trying to be anything cyrus. I have found shorter men attractive. I don't date every single person I find remotely attractive or even really attractive. I'm just being honest.

What Guys Said 8

• Sorry, the minimum height to get a girlfriend is 5'8 and three quarters. You just missed it!

But seriously, of course it's an acceptable height. To be honest, I don't think there really is such a thing as a universally unacceptable height (unless you're approaching midget status, I guess).

• LOL don't tell me there is no such thing as an unacceptable height. Ask all the 85% of girls that prefer 6'0 guys and they will tell you otherwise. Personality means absolute zero when it comes to dating, I'm sorry to say. It's completely the skin, not what lies within...

• I never said that there was no such thing as an unacceptable height. I was saying that there's no such thing as a universally unacceptable height. Some girls will consider your height unacceptable. Some will not.

Also, personality does not mean absolute zero. I'm 6'0 and reasonably attractive. I don't have ladies crawling all over me (largely due to the fact that I'm shy). I predict that if I were more funny and outgoing/extroverted, I would get a buttload of female attention.

• Those are personality traits.

• i hope so since I'm 5'8

• am 22 and 6'0 even...

• 5'10" and I'm 22

Is it acceptable? You can't change it do yes, it's acceptable.

• i can't see why it wouldn't be

• You need to be at least 5'9 to date girls and at least 6'0 to date attractive girls.

• barely if at all

• You're not a real man unless you're 5'9, sorry.

• I think to most girls/women you aren't a real man unless you're 6'0 tall...

• Ok boss