Do guys criticize women's bodies as much as we do?

Women tend to be pretty hard on themselves when it comes to body image (I know I am). They think.. my thighs are too big.. my boobs are too small.. my boobs are saggy.. my butt is jiggly.. I have cellulite.. etc!

But what do me think when they see a naked woman.. a real woman.. not an actress or model? My boyfriend thinks I look great now.. with clothes on.. but what will he think when the clothes come off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Anyone who's familiar with his or her own body will know all of the flaws, including a ton that no one else would notice. It's the unique knowledge that comes from living inside yourself (sort of weird to think about).

I don't think anyone looks for flaws, we just tend to notice general characteristics. Then, we use our personal opinions about which variation looks the best for particular parts (ex. breast size, waist size, face shape, nose length, height, etc.) to determine whether or not we find a person physically attractive.

So, if your boyfriend already thinks that you look great clothed, he'll probably think that you look great nude.

What Guys Said 8

• Guys are way less critical than women when it comes to body image and shape. A guy looks for your best feature and focuses on that from a positive light whereas a girl looks for your worst feature and defines you by that.

Are you seriously worried about what your guy thinks when you're naked? Don't be silly - he thinks you're hot, that is if any complete thoughts are going through his head at all.

• Not all of us gals focus on a guy's worst feature. It's the screen-door theory: When in love, you look right through whatever he's insecure about and see only the beauty (or handsomeness, since it's a guy), just like looking through a screen door.

• That's refreshing to hear and a good addition.(:

• Trust me guys, guys are not that critical of girls' bodies, we just like them, plain and simple. Chances are if your guy likes your body with clothes on, he will think it is even greater without clothes on. Don't be so critical of yourself, guys definitely aren't and I can guarantee your guy doesn't think twice about how his body looks naked.

• If a women is perfect she must be fake. Seriously. Don't worry too much men is also hard on them self just as much as women. Trust me

• I kinda disagree with davidsaj.

I mean, I personally think that if you look great clothed, any guy will think you look a hundred times better nude.

However, I find that I tend to be a lot more critical of my own body than other people's, even though people tell me I'm too harsh on myself.

• Men are pretty forgiving when it comes to the naked female body, which is beautiful regardless. Women it seems, not so much.

• Even if Barbie did exist,there'd always be there to find something wrong with her.

My question is where does it stop?

• That sounds like some insecure bitches who see you as competition lol. Fuck their mindset. Your boyfriend probably finds you hot regardless and will be happy to see you naked.

• I think men are less picky. But that's not saying much. We still notice breast and butt, much more than anything else.

What Girls Said 2

• My Daddy always said no true gentleman talks bad about a womans body.. He is so great.... But, I have been around some guy' who are shallow and speak poorly about some girls. They are not my friends. If he loves you he loves you.. The whole you. If he makes a comment kick him to the curb...He isn't worth seeing you with your clothes off.

• I think they're less critical. like I always think I'm a fat cow or whatever, but guys are like you look good.