Picking out makeup!

Alright, well I'll first say, I blow at picking out makeup, and the reason being is because I never have any girl friends to help me, so I'm coming to you.

I need to know what you think the best makeup for red/yellow and light skin tones is.

Any and all help is very appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• always try to stick with the natural looking colors like light browns or cream colors or light pinks

What Guys Said 2

• Lookup JLovesMac1 on YouTube.

She has dope makeup tutorials. :)

• Look up YouTube videos :)

Good luck!

What Girls Said 9

• If you are asking for a nice foundation, you'll have to go somewhere to get color matched or find something that best matches your skin tone.

If you asking for eyeshadows, it's hard to say. Even though you're picture is cute, it has horrible lighting to figure out if you are warm or cold toned. Warmed toned girls do best with brown or gold (if you think of summer colors, those colors are usually considered warm). Blue toned girls (usually the pale girls) look best in blues and grays.

I wish I can give you a better answer, but this is the best I can do for now. Sorry :/

• One person has said stick to natural colors like pinks and blues.

DON'T.

By all means experiment, but I find if you have dark eyes and dark hair it just looks wrong.

The black upper lid works really well on you. Are you wanting a natural look, an evening look, a daytime look, what are you aiming for? And how complicated/funky?

*Btw, I'm not a make up artist or anything, I, like you, picked it up myself, so I know what I know from experimenting and YouTube videos really!*

• Trust this guide, when I was new to makeup I bought a load of crap that didn't work or look good on me. These items will accentuate your natural beauty and give you confidence without changing your entire look, boys like makeup that looks realistic and natural. Buy less makeup but better quality. You need something that you absolutely love and looks great on you with every outfit and lip color.
    Eyes:
    I suggest getting Loreal extra intense eyeliner (brown for blondes, black for brunettes), Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush, Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze, Maybelline mascara in The Colossal Express (to get bigger lashes) or Lash Stiletto (to lengthen lashes, remember that mascara is highly personal so it depends if you care more about a natural clump free look or mega lashes), Rimmel Brow Pencil.
    Lips:
    Revlon Lip Butter in cotton candy for light skin, candy apple for medium skin, or sugar plum for deep skin, Nyx Butter Gloss in creme brule for light skin, tiramisu for medium skin, or angel food cake for dark skin, Revlon Balm Stain in cherish for light skin, honey for medium skin, or crush for dark skin.
    Face:
    Revlon Colorstay foundation, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, and ELF Studio blush or NYX blush. Hope you find what your looking for:)

Remember less is more so spend the most money on good working, highly rated, wearable shades of makeup. All of the products mentioned are highly rated and recommended by numerous beauty gurus.

• I have really weird brownish/yellow undertones.

Honestly, the only mac up that I found to fit my skin color the best is Mac. They have mac up artist in the stores they can test and pick out a color for you.

Ulta also has artist that can help you pick out a color by trying it out. They sell cheaper make up than Mac, but it works just as well.

• That's what I get for watching Tv and type. I have no clue why I keep useing "mac up" lol. *"Makeup"

• Im not sure where you are but if you can get a few friends together (or aunties, cousins, mums ect) and have Nutrametics, Avon or Body Shop Party (or pretty much any other product) they will show you a whole bunch of samples and hints and being the party host you often get loads of freebies if your guests buy stuff and all in the comfort of your own home.

• Head to a department store (with a make up counter) a pharmacy or makeup store, during a quiet time, pick a rainy day and avoid times after school, you will often find a staff member who is more than happy to give you loads of free tips and suggestions, they will also probably try to sell you tonnes of over priced product just make sure you can avoid the temptation.

• Go to the Clinique counter at your local Nordstrom or Dillard's. I really like them personally because they take their time with you to make sure all the make up will work for your skin type and teach you how to put it on. Best part is that its really good quality product that will last all day, you won't run out quickl, and it's relatively inexpensive. I swear by their products and I've tried every from drug store products to high end, couple hundred dollar product lines.

• You can't go wrong with golden/bronze eyeshadows on any skin tone. Olive greens always look beautiful on yellow skin tones! Coral blushes look great on every skin tone, and are gorgeous in the summer! I suggest Macy's blush in style, it's my favorite blush of all time. Make up forevers hd foundation is possibly the best foundation out there (and I've tested about 40, so that's saying a lot!) and they come in a WIDE variety of colors! Dark and very bright lip colors may overpower a look on light skin tones, so only use them when wearing neutral eye looks and wanting a bold look! Otherwise light links are wonderful, I suggest underaged by Mac :) have fun!

• Go to the makeup section in a local mall. Sometimes I get called over and they test out foundations on me and give me a trial size to see if I want to buy the full product. I've never done this before myself, but I know of girls who get their makeup done for dances, so you could have a date night and ask them about what they would recommend for your shade of skin and maybe even have them try out something to see if you like it.

If you don't want to, figure out your skin tone.

Is it warm or cool?

I'd explain this further, but I can't explain it as well as some videos on YouTube/sites on google.

Look it up!

Try the cheaper brands out first. Especially while you're getting a grip on things.

When in doubt, put less on than more, Get yourself adjusted SLOWLY.

Don't forget to buy makeup remover and keep your skin clear, wash twice a day.

(For makeup remover, I personally like Pond's, but that's just me.)

What kind of makeup do you want to have? Just natural, everyday work/school makeup? Or do you want to go all out?

Start small, work yourself up there.