Do you think that at a certain age you need to start dressing more conservative?

For all the ladies out there and guys, do you think that a woman needs to start dressing more conservatively as she ages? When she's a teenager and in her twenties, most girls tend to wear skimpy and provocative clothing, but as they approach their 30s and 40s, should they cover up? Or do you think that as long as they still look good, they should be allowed to wear whatever they want?

I'm talking about clothing you see on celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian who are all over 30 but dress like they are a lot younger. Or shopping at clothing stores like Forever 21 or places that are very trendy.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• If a woman of 40 still has the body and skin of a 20 year old, why should anyone think that she should dress differently? She may choose to do so because her choices have changed, or perhaps to fit in with her peer group, but I think it is ridiculous that many young people think it is perfectly okay for young women to dress in any particular way, but they think that just because a woman is older that she has to change her clothing style.

At the other end of the spectrum - - Many young women should not dress as others do because of their own body type, yet still they do. And it often looks terrible.

Worry more about whether the woman fits the image of the clothes and less on how old she is!

• i don't think so

if someone has a good physique and the dress/clothing suits her , she can go for it.

mostly what happens is as we grow older we take less care of ourselfs and we either become too fat or too thin and then start dressing conservative

• Personally...if she has the body to rock the clothes and make them look good, I say let her. :)

• Yes when they get their first period they need to put a vail on and wear long loose dresses

• It's not about age. It's about losing her body as she ages. If an older woman still has the body of a 20 year old she will probably be more willing to still dress that way.

What Girls Said 8

• no,they should wear what they want to. I know plenty of women who don't cover up even in their 50's and 60's-and I don't mind.

• It depends. They sould definitely cover up, but not completely. If you have a good body, why not show off a little?

• If you have the body for it no, I think once you hit a certain age you shouldn't have to change your style you just need to use common sense. It doesn't necessarily have to be conservative just age appropriate.

• As long as you have the body for it and you dress your age I don't think it matters exactly how the clothing is made. Obviously when you go to work or something you should dress appropriately though.

And talking about the celebrities, that's kinda part of their job to dress like that.

Btw I am a teenager and I still dress relitively conservatively most of the time. lol

• as long as they can pull it off and look sexy and classy

• yes, when you're in your late 30s

• I've always dressed conservatively and I recommend it for all girls.

I do think that you shouldn't use celebrities as examples. They're livelihoods are based on their images.

I don't like when women dress provocatively but I will say that in my mind it is more reasonable for women who are over 30 dress very trendy and revealing when they are still seeking a man. I notice that when a woman gets married she will reel it in and dress more conservatively.

Conservative can still be attractive. I hate it when people see it as a bad thing.

• yeah. it would be inappropriate and weird if an old woman went on showing off her body like teens do.