Is it ugly to wear a skirt/dress with pants?

I like to wear skinny jeans a lot with a really long shirt, skirt, or dress..all of which go slightly above my mid thigh. what do you think of a look like this?

can anyone give me advice on how to create the illusion of having wider hips and fuller legs through clothes? my body type is really hard to dress :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Long shirt is fine but what...why wear a skirt as well? Like what's the point? I'd have to see it to really judge it but from what I've gathered, it doesn't sound that appealing.. or practical! Why just not wear one thing on the bottom half? However, If that style works for you and makes you feel good then fair enough.

As for the advice side of things, draw attention to your waist, cinched in waist lines or a dress worn with a bodice will defiantly define your hips and give you more curves. Embrace your figure! Maxi dresses are also a good look.

What Guys Said 3

• some of my friends wear skirt with pants, I think

it looks good and stylish.. ^-^

• With a shirt it would be fine but not with a skirt or a dress. It defeats the purpose of the skirt/dress--to show off your legs!

• Update: Wear looser things. When you wear tighter things, all you're doing is causing your body to look thinner. If you want the appearance of bigger hips and legs, wear looser clothing (even if you don't have a bigger body)

• yea I do wear tighter stuff..i can't really think of anything loose that would look good. you have any ideas?

• With a dress, no it does not look right. With a long shirt, it looks fine. With a skirt, it depends on the skirt and the jeans. I think this looks good link

What Girls Said 7

• well fashion wouldn't approve-but I do. it is senseless to wear two types of bottoms esp. in the middle of summer-but I know a girl who wears dresses over pants and she looks adorable.

• i can see someone thinking that seems really stupid and ugly, but I wear really short dresses/skirts that would more qualify as a shirt anyway..im really sskinny so I think it looks OK on my body type..

• With long shirts it's okay. not with dresses.

• Someone I work with wears skirts over her leggings to hide her denty ass. I saw her were pants one day. Big no either way for her.

• Go to the gym and work out your quads if you want fuller legs. Also, I guess that style could work on some people, but it just reminds me of hannah montana

• im in my early twenties and I think it is sort of juvenile..unfortunately I'm horrible at shopping and can't find good clothes for me..i work out sometimes

• Don't like

• It just makes you look incapable of dressing yourself, in regard to choosing an outfit.

• you seem incapable of forming a sentence properly, in regard to making sentences lol.

• She could have said "in regards to you sounding like a moron"..but that wouldn't have been correct since you weren't referring to talking like a moron; you were referring to how to wear a skirt with pants (which is an outfit). She's just completing her sentence

• It's fine with a shirt but it's not a good look with a skirt or dress.

• Skater skirts and dresses - they're basically pleated and or flowy. They will definitely give you more curve around the hips.

No idea about the legs, I guess you can just wear maxi's or some long kind of dress/skirt.