Why do so many people hate Ugg boots?

i kind of like them. I have one pair. it seems like more hate them than like them..

Most Helpful Guy

• its not that people hate them. it's just how fashion works. something breaks the surface and gets worn by the celebrities and wealthy. then the masses try to get their hands on these very popular items. they're popular because they signify wealth and status because it's the famous and wealthy who wear them and people want to be famous and wealthy. but once the product saturates the market, ie. everyone's got a pair, they no longer signify this so firstly the wealthy and famous move on until the biggest group that have these items are the poorer wannabees and as no one wants to be a poorer wannabee, they become less popular. in the UK the best example was burberry. it was a luxury fashion item and then it became popular in the masses. it became unpopular when the football thugs on the news were seen wearing them. as no one wants to be seen as a low life, it became unpopular. as soon as the low lifes stop wearing them, the marketers will bring it back in fashion again. humans are NOT rational. it's just social science, not a perspective on taste. I used to love hip hop until every joe shmoe became involved

What Guys Said 4

• Perhaps they don't seem to match very well with many different clothing styles.

I once saw a man wearing wrangler jeans and Ugg boots while having a cat on a leash

• They're overused and they're seen 24/7 so people tire from it. But who cares, do you and enjoy yourself.

• Disgusting shoes.

• i don't mind them

What Girls Said 12

• I think they look horrible! So clumsy and most people I see wearing them can't walk in them properly, goes all lop sided, not a good look. I don't think they look good with any outfit either, they make the feet look huge. Plus they are just impractical. In my eyes it's like wearing a pair of slippers outside.

• Because not everyone looks good wearing them.Ugg boots mostly look good on tall people with long legs.

• who cares? they're comfy and if you like em, that's all that matters. it's just a matter of personal preference.

• i have a pair, and I really don't care what people say. they are so confy and warm. in those cold winter days, you understand the true value of them.

• I guess there's a lot of weirder fashions out there, and really ugg boots aren't the worst thing I've seen, but they remind me too much of slippers. It just annoys me when I see people who have obviously taken GREAT care in how they look [[whether this works or not, I see a lot of orange faces out there]] with outfits and make up, and then just put on some slippers. It just seems really weird in my opinion.

• they're overrated and very expensive

• its stupid, people buy them because of the brand and because their expensive so its a luxury not everyone can get the privilege of having.

• The only ones I like are the big furry ones that look like yetti feet! :)

• the ones snooki wears?

• I don't know anything about Snooki, but something like these link would be pretty badass if you glued some fake bear claws on the front. :D

• yea snooki (the short girl on jersey shore) has them. they're pretty awesome!

• because they're ugly over priced and glorify slovenliness.

• slovenliness?

• i see where you're coming from but I never liked the bohemian look either, and as for grunge that was originally an anti-fasion statement involving cheap flannel shirts and unkempt hair...ugg boots are expensive brand shoes marketed at middleclass princesses.

• lol I don't even hav real uggs..i guess I'm super unclassy..and broke lol

• Why do people hate Justin Bieber? They just do including me.

• his fan base is mostly young girls. so that's why he's around

• they're hideous

• i love them. they are so comfortable.