Why don't girls date short guys?

In the past year I've gotten rejected by 4 girls for the same reason, because I'm short. It just really depresses me that something I have no control over ruins all my chances with getting women. I'm 19 and I'm only 5'5 without shoes. sometimes I wonder if was adopted because it just so happens my dad is 6'2. I have an athletic build, great personality, can make anyone laugh, id say I'm pretty good looking because when girls see my pics of just my face think I'm hot, but when they see my height they look away. I've lost so much confidence in the past year due to my lack of height. I can't get a job with my height because people are cruel. I use to play basketball and football in middle school, but now...hah. middle school was great because I was taller than everyone (haven't grown since 5th or 6th grd) I had a great rep. girls say they want a man to protect them, I'm a boxer and have been doing it for a long time which I love because you always have a fair fight. but being short I'm looked as weak. OK enough bragging. bottom line is why do women place so much value on a mans height? I'm trying to make up for it by bodybuilding because I love the pump (guys know what I'm talking bout), I've had many jealous tall skinny guys say I have short mans syndrome or something like that because I'm stronger than them. id give up anything to be average height. I hope that when I die and get reborn to another human and I'm tall. today's society is so cruel. GIVES ME SOME ADVICE AND PLEASE GIVE ME AS MUCH SAD TRUTH AS POSSIBLE.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear height envy I prefer to date guys taller than me because of the primal protection instinct I like that a tall guy makes me feel save and there are proportionality issues that come into play ladies you know what I'm talking about. However there are ALLOT of short girls girls who are under 5'5" average height for women is 5'5" men is 5'7" plus you are nineteen you have at least six years of potential growth left if you do have it in your genes otherwise you have to love what you have and four girls in a year is nothing you need to hit on way more girls! I suggest going to girls that you find less attractive first to boost your confidence once you can comfortably talk to average girls start talking to girls who you are really attracted to. Confidence and security are the most important aspects to dating if you are secure the way you are and you bounce back from rejection you are unstopable! Remember every no get's you closer to a yes and though rejection hurts big time (as much as getting punched) you gotta keep trying you will meet an amazing girl as long as you keep putting yourself out there.

-Talls

What Girls Said 10

• Do be careful of the Napoleon Complex thing. Nothing is more unattractive than a short guy who wears his ego out on his sleeve. Be confident in WHO you are, not in WHAT you are.

As far as girls not going for shorter guys, well as a 5'8" woman I can say it's awkward. I don't want to look down to a guy. Kissing a man who is much shorter than me is weird. I recently dated a guy who was less than an inch shorter than me and it wasn't terrible but it made standing next to each other odd. Not something I was used to considering all the guys I've dated were at least my height or taller. Once I was out in public with this recent guy and I was in heals, I towered over him and again, I felt awkward. But I grew to love the guy anyway. Too bad he didn't feel the same, and I think a small part of it was because he didn't feel like "the man" in the relationship because of the height difference.

So my advice is find a short girl. There are plenty of them out there.

• Honestly, girls like tall guys because its like they could protect them if they needed them to. I think that the different sexes are attarcted to each other partially because they are so different. Guys are more desirable if they are tall and muscular and girls are attractive if they are petite and curvy. Girls may think that you are not masculine enough. I know that's harsh. But I don't think 5'5" is that short. You're still taller than me! And it sounds like you have the in shape part down. Maybe you could try wearing tennis shoes more often? I know the Nike Shox look like they have a slightly higher heel than normal. You could wear t-shirts that are not baggy, but are kind of tight (not super tight!) and that show off your muscles. I am sure you will meet a girl who likes you for you because girls mainly just want to be with: 1. a nice guy, 2. a guy with confidence

• There are plenty of short girls out there for you I've dated guys from 5'5 to 6'3 so if she really likes you height won't matter :)

• Be happy those girls don't want you. If they judge you by your height then I don't really think they're worth dating. Unless the girl is considerably taller than you which I can then understand. I know guys much shorter than you that are in a happy relationship. I guess you're just looking at the wrong girls. There are plenty of girls that are of same height or shorter than you. Just look harder for the right one. :)

• Awe. Its horrible people judge you on your height. ://ugh people these days. You sound cute and they sound like judgmental jerks. Be proud of who you are. And if they piss you off too much punch them in the face lol. Don't listen to them. Plus you'll find someone who accepts you for who you are easier too c:

• because people are shallow.

• Girls innately prefer taller guys because they need to feel like he can protect them; it seems as though only height can make girls feel safe and secure with a guy. Doing bodybuilding can't replace that, so the easiest option would be to find a shorter girl. I really hope you're not into boxing to compensate for your height... I'm the same height as you and wouldn't write you off because of your height, it would put me off a bit, but if your as nice as you seem, id give you a try!

Maybe if you were taller, your ego would be uncontrollably big! (major turn off) So maybe this is keeping you down to earth!

• Honestly, if I were you, I'd be glad that those people didn't want to be with me. Ya it's frustrating, but people who don't accept you for how tall you are, are pretty shallow and not worth your time. People, especially girls, can be such snobs…hate to say it, but it's the truth hah. You sound like an amazing guy who any decent girl would be love to be with (notice I said decent girl) …ya I realize that you're short but that shouldn't become a reason not to date someone! You have what most guys don't have….according to what you said you've got a great personality, muscular, and not lacking good looks. I hope this helps you out…i don't think its sad truth, just me being honest but if you don't like it, I guess it will be pretty sad haha

• For starters,yes.Women like taller men because they feel more protected and it's nicer to look up instead of down,it would be weird to date someone shorter than you.I am the sae height as you and I usually dated taller men,but then I met my ex who was the same height,it was hard to get used too but in the end it didn't bother me.It feels like their more manly if they are a bit taller..Either way,stuff what the lanky guys think,just call them godzilla or say yeah I'm short,so what?You can't help your height,you just have to live with it,I've seen this guy who is wayy shorter than you,except he isn't fit and he had a girlfriend who was a little bit taller.Why not look for girls who are a little shorter than you?Or girls who are the same height?And it might not bother some girls because of your height,it didn't bother me in the end with my ex.

• Girls generally like tall guys because they see them as someone who can keep them safe and it's just comforting and appealing to be with someone who is taller than you. I like the fact you can look up at them as well. Yes you don't have to be tall in order to keep a girl safe but it's just the way you feel around them. There are girls who would date a guy who is the same height or there are girls shorter than you. I believe it depends on the person really. =) shouldn't worry to much about it though. there should be someone who would like to date you regardless of your height as long as you don't let it get to you and let it show that it bothers you.

What Guys Said 1

• I suppose you could say some are just too interested in how they look with the other people around them