It's generally accepted that these moments are pretty awkward (whether the other person is attractive or not - just any time you pass someone else). Especially when you start out far away but can easily see each other. I personally usually just look to the side or down. I try to see if I can make eye contact for about half a second so that I can give a brief, polite smile, but usually that doesn't happen because the other person almost always makes sure never to look at me during the "passing" haha. What do you do? If you found the person attractive would you ever try to act on it?
For the poll, if you've ever done A, D or E, choose those options. Otherwise, choose B or C, depending on which one you do more often.
- I (sometimes) bump into them on purpose to try and create an opportunity for introductions10% (1)11% (1)11% (2)Vote
- I avert my eyes the whole way until we've passed each other... awkwarrrrd10% (1)0% (0)5% (1)Vote
- I avert my eyes most of the way but if we catch eyes I exchange a polite smile60% (6)56% (5)58% (11)Vote
- I mug them10% (1)11% (1)11% (2)Vote
- I (sometimes) just straight out introduce myself (balls/ovaries of steel are required for this)10% (1)22% (2)15% (3)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I'll stop and introduce myself if they meet my gaze at all...if they look away, I make a point of looking a woman up and down and check out her behind, just to show her for being such a snob...she of course, averted eyes or not, is totally aware of me looking her over!0