Guys, how much attention do you give to a girl's fashion sense / style?

Girls can vote on this poll based on what they think the average guy will vote.

As in:

*design of her clothing (how the clothes are cut, patterns, color, how they fit her bodytype, etc)

*how her hair is done

*how her makeup is done (lipstick/lip-gloss, foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, bronzor, etc.)

*how her nails are done (color, french-tip, etc)

*how her accessories (shoes, jewelry, hair accessories, gloves, headgear, sunglasses, leggings/pantyhose, etc.) match and coordinate with her outfit.

-------------

Im quite attentive about this stuff, and I do look a girl and can admire her fashion sense as well as her attractiveness.

My ? is...guys do you pay attention to and admire/like a girl's fashion sense, or do you simply look at her for physical attractiveness and don't give her "fashion sense" a second thought?

• I do appreciate / admire a girl's fashion sense
  • I don't care much (or not at all) about "fashion", as long as she looks good

Most Helpful Guy

• Sooooo much. I really don't appriciate girls that dress and "style" themselves in a boring manner and don't even try. It's like they're saying, it's enough that I'm a women, that should be good enough for you.

I notice her clothing, how she expesses through it, her hair style, hair color, hair neatness, shoes (high heels, balerinas...), bag, jewelry, sunglasses, fingernails, accessories (brooches, flowers...), complete makeup (lipstick, lip gloss, powder, eye shadowing...), routes... and that's not a complete list - I don't have enough energy to write everything :)

Again, I notice this things. They play little role on how I look at her, but I notice just about everything :)

What Girls Said 4

• My guy friends seem to notice this a lot. They will comment on a girl's makeup, haircut, clothing style, clothing color, what works and what doesn't, etc.

• Well I hope not. Because honestly I don't do the whole "have to look as great as I can when lever I go out." people have tried to make me care by even making fun of me. But good god I tried one summer and can't see how girls do it every day.

I don't look like a hobo I just don't wear forever 21 a lot. I've met guys who do... Their friends.

• I have always been under the impression guys don't really care and that us girls dress more to impress other girls.

• No, that is just a very common, unoriginal phrase that people use to try and sound intelligent. It is possible for a girl to dress well because she enjoys being stylish. It's not like we live in a world where every single girl natually dresses very plain and is only stylish when they want to impress other females.

• I dress stylish and not boring at all but in no way shape or form is it to attract a guy. As for the phrase it is correct. And by no means do I mean every girl, like yourself obviously isn't grouped in that. It was my opinion, and what gives you the ass to attempt to run me down for a quote I used?

• they want arm candy so a lot

What Guys Said 15

• I care a lot. Style is HUGE.

But! My sense of fashion is a bit warped, and I might not want her wearing what everyone else is wearing. I do have a thing for goth girls and just bogus combinations. Winter scarves in summer dresses and all sorts of strangeness that is jarring to the eye as long as the color and the fabric pattern flows!

To me, style should not indicate how in-tune you are with fashion, but how unique you are as a person.

• PRetty much the ? is about if guys interpret a girl's sense of style and fashion, or if it's an afterthought as long as she looks good.

I suppose you interpret "fashion" as in current trends, I interpret it just as the style of clothing and accessories you wear.

• I agree, honestly I hate "fashion trends."

• Absolutely I do -- without a doubt.

How someone presents themselves, IN MY OPINION, says a lot about them.

I am one of those guys that does appreciate fashion

• I don't usually, but sometimes girls wear those one-piece dresses that make them look f***ing amazing. Can't help but turn and look then.

• The best complements on a girls appearence are those that are individualized to her and how she looks at that second. This is because you make her feel great for being "stylish" and you get her attention because she knows you don't "say that to all the girls" because it was so specific.

• I like it when women wear pretty clothes. Dresses and skirts are more likely to get my attention than jeans and t-shirts.

• I definitely pay attention and really admire some girls' fashion sense. Class and style is key. Trashiness, aka white trash / trailer park type stuff, is very unattractive.

• i don't care... as a matter of fact; too much of it annoys me. I love it when women look good on their on. plus too much of it kinda seems like a red flag too me; it makes me thing that she is a self-centered superficial broad or just an insecure chick that's scare to show the world her true identity and is begging for attention or societies approval

• Well, I find it kinda dumb how obsessed girls are with purses and stuff. But I can appreciate a nice dress, shirt, or shoes (for some reason, I like it when girls wear things like converse shoes). And I like it when a girl wears jeans and a hoodie, though I don't know why. But I answered B in the poll, because I really don't care that much. I'm more of a mix of A and B.

• I care about her sense of fashion a hell of a lot less than I do about what she really looks like - her figure and her face.

• Sorry ladies but being honest (which I have no intention of doing otherwise) I can say that I give virtually no attention to it.

• Fashion, very little, style, moderate amount.

• A nice, fitting outfit can make a girl look stunning.

• i pay attention to what a girl wears

it gives me an idea of her personality

• I always do

• Honestly don't care that much about her fashion. I want her to look as good as possible when she's completely naked. I'd rather she look a little better naked than a lot better with clothes on.

• I like a girl with fashion sense. It is not my biggest concern with a woman but I like to go out to social events and dine with her so I want her to look good.