Red lipstick okay for everyday use?

I never really liked red lipstick until recently when I found the right shade for a 50's party I went to. Now that I still have it, I want to wear it not just as a night thing but as an almost everyday look.

Do you (guys & girls) think it is something you would like to see every once in a while? Or should it just stay as an all-night out kind of thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't suggest wearing it every single day because then you'll become known as "the girl with the red lips". However, it's perfectly appropriate for day use. I wear it about once a week (today, actually) to add a little flair to my black and white striped dress.

What Guys Said 6

• Just don't do it everyday or use it too heavily.

If it gets out of control you'll like a clown, literally.

• Sure its fine for everyday use, but why is it necessary to put lipstick everyday. don't you love natural look of your lips.

• I have no problem with it at all...wear it every day, wear it occasionally...or not at all...I actually like some lipsticks

• Sure

• Personally I don't like lipstick at all

• It looks so pretty.

What Girls Said 9

• Use it everyday by all means! However, make sure you work it well, wear clothes that suit a nice lipstick, no point wondering around in a tracksuit and wearing that shade. Also keep your other make-up on your eyes ect quite subtle else you'll look over done and too over the top for an everyday occasion.

• i prefer it when it's worn during daytime,it's just considered more appropriate for night because it's when people usually wear more makeup,you're ''supposed'' to go natural during the day,but nowadays girls wear makeup all day long-so why not wear red?

• Red lipstick is acceptable for everyday use. yeah. I've used it myself, especially during the winter, it went well with my pale skin. But it's summer now, so I have dropped it for now. Need more summerly colors! But it's entirely optional. You'll probably get some attention though, which is probably a good or bad thing, depends on how you see it. Hard to not notice anyone with red lipstick =)

• i would apply it with a brush so that it retains color but isn't so opaque. I think opaque red lips are too much for every day. red lips are nice like sheer gloss.

• i think it should be for special occasions not just everyday wear

• why not ... life is short ... if it looks good do it... I wear like a deep cherry red its like perky but not to WABAM ... but if you like it rock it honey cake

• I wouldn't say everyday, you need some variety

• Sure it is.

• no everyday, you would get bored of it