Can you grow a ginger beard?

oddly enough I can grow one. my hair is dirty blond, but I can grow a flaming red ginger beard. done some research and apparently its not too uncommon. due to a recessive gene in my 4th chromosome. my moms hair is naturally brunette, and my fathers hair is blond. genetics are fascinating. also if I had another copy of the gene I would have been born a ginger or red head.

seems like just yesterday I posted this q, where has the time gone?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• My boyfriend's brother is like that. Dirty blond hair but grows red facial hair. My boyfriend is a redhead and grows a red beard. Their whole family are redheads, except for the brother and one little sister, who also has dirty blond hair. Their dad, mom, older sister, my guy, and youngest sister all have red hair. One of my close friends who is no longer living also had dirty blond hair and grew a red beard. =] I don't think it's all that uncommon.

• My boyfriends hair grows in multicolored lol... he has light blond hair but his facial hair is light blond, dark blond and red hahaha.

I love it(:

But he shaves all the time for work.

• I read ginger bread.

I was like... what is that sourcery!?

• My husband is like that, that's why he doesn't grow one it doesn't match him haha

• I know some people like that. It is really interesting how that works.

• omg! I've actually seen that before.

i thought the guys were natural red heads but had colored their hair a different color.

thanks for clearing that up. :D

• Oh yes

What Guys Said 7

• Absolutely. My hair is very much blond (not dirty blond or brown at all) and my beard comes in red. It's kinda funny because it makes people think my hair is strawberry blond, which it clearly isn't as is evident when I am clean-shaven. It's fun to have a differently colored beard. It blends fine with my head hair.

• A friend of mine had dark blond hair, almost brown, and a ginger beard. It certainly can happen.

• I blond or strawberry blond hair (depending on the time of year) and I grow a red beard although strands of brown hair are starting to appear as well.

• I have dark brown hair, a ginger beard, and a blond mustache...

f***ed up I know...

• red beards are the most epic, I just have the typical black beard lol

• I grow a dark beard but if the sun hits it it grows bright amber.

Also I was born blond but my hair went through all shades and now its jet black.

My hair... contains the da vinci code.

• I get like a couple of ginger hairs on my bear...god I am so weird I bet my parents did product experimenting before I was born :/