1) Why is he wearing so much black? jeeze he's probably here to deliver a message from God.
2) What is he selling?
3) He's here to work on mi garden yay!
oh well probably 1... because 2 I'd try so hard not to roll mi eyes and wait for you to finish up so I can say no thanks..yeah...i'm sure..okay thanks...uh huh..you too. 3) I wouldn't take you seriously. Although I do not like it when people come and try to sell things door to door. One time this guy came to mi house at night trying to convince us to let him spray the house for spiders and such...i thought he was a killer..i handed mi boyfriend (at the time) a knife and he said wtf really? I said yeah..really..what? you don't know who it could be. It could be some psycho and what if he drags you off and sh*t and I got to call the cops. I got mi baseball bat. and waited for him to open the door. "Oh, hi...*starts sales pitch* wtf?! who the hell sells things at that time of night. and it's sad..he actually went outside with him so he could show him some spider web and it took him forever. =/ well...point is damn it...number 1. seems more professional. And yeah...You didn't ask for a story =P hope you liked it though. Silly man. =P hahaha.
1. I associate all black as someone in the service industry-- retail, waiter, etc-- because I work at a bar that requires all black attire. The outfit you described is how all our male bartenders dress (minus the book bag).
2. That sounds like something any of the guys at my office would wear, business casual.
3. That sounds like just some random guy off the street, your average Joe.
Look presentable.. then its all in your eyes and facial expression...
well what these mean to me
1) They want to sell me something or they want me to do something like sign up for insurance
2) nice businessman maybe give him a shot
3) potential break in aha because last time a guy that looked like a hippie was claiming to sell insurance but he was walking around my house and eventually I had to call the cops
really neither because I'm not interested in door to door salesmen at all. by the way do you work for vector? that is a scam if you do...but I guess out of all the options if you had to go with choice 1
Overkill on the black. Are you stopping at peiples doors on the way to a funeral? Keep the tie. Go with the blue striped shirt, but find a plain tie for it. Probably blue. Get a briefcase or something, not a backpack. You want to look professional. It looks like you have a limited wardrobe. I'm under 18 and I have at least 20 ties! You might want to expand your wardrobe a tad.