How to over come feeling unattrative?

For many years I felt like I was a monster I didn't know why was I so ugly. The reason I knew I was ugly from when I was younger a boy used to tease me all the time about how ugly I am. He also said how no guys would ever like me. I guess he manifest my future because now no good looking guys tries to talk to me. And people swear they are better than me especially at work please help thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let something that some adolescent idiot was saying to get attention. He probably kept at it because he got a reaction from you.

There are so many different people in the world and while we can't all look like models, there are people out there who would look at you and think you are beautiful.

The best relationships come not from ones with attraction at first sight but at ones where you get to know the person and their attractiveness grows by being with them and spending time with them to the point that their physical appearance is more attractive to you.

Just because people don't gawk at you when you walk by doesn't mean you are unattractive. Its a stupid cliche but beauty really does come from within. You need to find that inner strength and love of yourself for someone else to love you.

We are all dealt a hand of cards. Some get better hands than others but don't fold your hand. YOu don't get a redeal. Do the best you can with this hand of cards and enjoy the game. Even a pair of two's can be a winner.

Friend me and lets chat if you want to talk more.

What Guys Said 6

• Ok first things first, the only way you will overcome these issues is when you actually start believing in yourself. You need to come out of that shell that's been hiding you away from this planet and blossom. You can always make changes to your appearance without resorting to anything drastic, such as a change in clothing, new hairstyle, etc... I'm 100% sure you are beautiful but because you have experienced issues, you will always have doubt. Remember it was just one pathetic guy out there who really hurt you, there are billions of other guys who would love to date you and make you feel special. Whatever you do, do not shy away and believe you are ugly just because you was told this as a kid. Remember you are older now and have blossomed.

I say all this with 100% experience. When I was a kid I was horribly bullied by so many people due to the way I looked. The word ugly was heavily associated with me. I was even punched and kicked at times due to the way I looked. Even when I finished school and college and started work in a new place, the girls in my office never took to me and made me feel like the ugly new guy, one spoke horribly to me. But as the years startting passing, I made changes to my life. I had a new haircut, started dressing with style, started to make new friends at work and outside. I then started to grow with confidence and I noticed women were started to feel attracted to me. Even though now I'm still never 100% confident on how I look, I make an effort and realize to myself I am not ugly just because a few people in my life said this when I was younger. So you need to do some of the same. Do not let people in your past ruin your present. And always, always remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• You are a very clever lady, and ugly don't exist, just different, a boy called you ugly, well what was he on the inside to make such comments, Seriously what is ugly what is beautiful, these are words that describe how people portray others. You have a mental picture of yourself as ugly, why not play with that picture, move it away a mile or so like wooooshhhhh that fast, and then woooossshhhh bring it back as a beautiful woman how you really look, beautiful. And wrap it around you bathe in it, feel it.

Stay well eh. BEAUTIFUL LADY.

• I have a similar experience and for me, this things helped:

- nice clothes,

- taking good care of my body (sports and really intense hygiene) and

- smiling to other people.

I know the feeling comes from inside, but this things tend to attract other people. Then you notice it. And this itself raises your self-esteem. Immediately, you feel better about yourself. Of course, this takes time. Perhaps even a year or two. Don't expect fast results. Really.

• Easiest way to do this would be to simply, not let people affect how you think of yourself. I'm 5'8" and 120 lbs. I could care less, I'm not attracted to them, nor will I ever be friends with them. Why should I care?

• People swear they are better than you at work? Where exactly do you work, a middle school?

• Accept the feeling and you will be beautiful.

What Girls Said 2

• Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,

but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,

gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking

so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.

It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give

other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our fear,

our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson, Our Greatest Fear.

Believe that, my dear! good luck!

• Start loving your self. Start accepting what you see as beautiful no matter what you hear from others. Start with make the inside beautiful and the outside just radiates with beauty!