Are heels really bad for your health?

I usually prefer wearing sneakers or flip-flops during summer. But from time to time there happens a party of some sort and I'm forced to wear heels. I read recently on the internet that they can deform feet and spine, is it truth? Girls have you experienced some negative side-effects?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its bad for the alignment of you're spine and upsets you're centre of gravity so the weight isn't really distributed quite so even link . I don't think there would be anything wrong if its kept in moderation though

What Guys Said 5

• the spine is under a lot of pressure when wearing heels, and if you do wear them, always take a pair of trainers in your bag or something,x

• There's some truth to this. It's generally if you use heels to much/often. If you only use them on occasion you should be alright.

• 0|0
  • yeah they are. It's an uncomfortable and awkward position to be in but there only bad if you wear them a lot

• You are so gorgeous, sexy, hot, pretty lol

But yeah I've heared that on the news.

link

What Girls Said 2

• It is unhealthy but to see any of these side effects you'd have to wear heels ALL the time. Victoria Beckam has issues because she always wears heels. I'd say you're pretty safe with wearing heels occasionally to parties.

• Actually wearing heals is rather bad for your spine and legs and bones. Your body isn't balanced right and that's a bit bad.

It's okay to wear them at parties, with such little time nothing happens, just have a pair of exchange shoes with you to change into after the party. You legs will be rather tired depending on the heel and it's good to relax your legs after dancing with heels or being in heels for longer time. But wearing them everyday, some deformations might come to your body.