Have you ever been called ugly before?

I know at least a few of us have experienced this word once in awhile in our lives. Its a word we all try to avoid by trying to look our best, but at times we cannot avoid the harsh opinions of others. I think its an awful word to describe a persons appearance, because just because you don't see that person as drop dead gorgeous doesn't mean that they're "ugly" but maybe less appealing. Have you ever been called ugly? Yes,or no. Tell me stories :-) But please have fun and be nice.

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah, plenty of times in real life. It usually doesn't get to me though, I know what I look like and I'm more than okay with it- flaws and all :). Like others have said though, it usually stems from insecurities/jealousy on the other person's part and they're just trying to get under your skin for whatever reason anyhow.

On the internet I've been called fake before a few times (which is why I now just have a generic picture up here and then the actual ones of me on my profile). With people like that in real life: you're ugly. With people like that on the internet: you're either ugly or too pretty so you're fake/a bitch.

You just can't win with those types of people. It doesn't affect me too much now, since I've learned to only value the opinions of people that I respect, and who also know me and what I'm like as a person. But it is frustrating that so many guys and girls try and bring others down all the time; there's just no need for it. It's all baseless insults that require energy and time that can be used doing more productive - and positive - things.

What Guys Said 10

• Think everyone has at some point, you realize you're not for everyone! Don't think I've ever called someone ugly, said theyre not my type, but not ugly

• Once I was called ugly just passing by couple girls in the 8th grade. They just kind of said my name and called me ugly like they were talking to themselves but knew I heard it. There might have been other times, but nothing so distinct.

• This site helps increase being called ugly.

At least for me lol

• Probably have just can't remember lol. Although I believe when someone says your not bad looking, that's a nicer way of saying your ugly without actually saying it. I've heard that before too.

• Yeah I have been called ugly a couple of times.

• thankfully no :D

• 89 times and counting . I'm never going to get a girlfriend :(

• Well, not directly. But one time in Grade 7 I was with a group of my male peers/acquaintances (they weren't really my friends) watching a basketball game at my school, and there was another school that had come to support their team. We were pointing out some cute girls, and I pointed one out, and this douche (he still is one to this day) just blurts out, "Hah! She's so out of your league." Kinda a d*ck thing to say. And I actually believed him, even though I was thinking that it didn't really matter because all we were doing was pointing out girls, not saying we could get them. Now I know that I'm good enough for anyone really (not that I'm cocky though), but back then I already had some self-esteem problems, for good reason too - I was a really, really, really late bloomer, and though I was 12, everyone I met told me I looked like I was 10, and that had gone on and continued to go on for years.

TL;DR: Basically, yes. And it was kind of hurtful but at least now I know he was/is a total d*ck and was full of sh*t.

• Yeah middle school girls can be pretty cruel.

And high school girls too.

• only on the internet lol

• Me too lol. People online are harsh anyways.

• it doesn't bother me online but if someone told me it in real life, someone that I knew id feel sad about it

What Girls Said 26

• Sure, but in my experience and observation, it's just a trump card that people throw out when they don't have anything better to use to tear someone down, lol. I don't take it seriously in situations like those because they're purposely trying to get under your skin and I see right through it. And I don't think I'm ugly, so someone else saying so, whether they mean it or just can't come up with anything else, means nothing to me.

• Yeah, once to my knowledge about 6 years ago but not to my face. Word got around and my brother told me who it was and and what was said. The statement consisted of a controversial comparison between me and my sister to keep it 'short and sweet'. Still saw that guy once a week for about a year. Left for various reasons and came back about 5 years later. No one there even recognized me anymore, did a double take when I told them who I was. Fair enough, I did change a lot. The guy couldn't talk or look at me afterward. 'Good', I thought. Left again to never return about a year ago. (I'm too old for that place now, haven't seen him since).

• I used to get that a lot in middle school.

Some guys would just walk by and say eww.

And if a guy found out I liked him, he would say, "eww! She's ugly!"

It hasn't happened anymore. No one has called me ugly but maybe they think it.

Thats what traumatized me to not approach guys. I'm so afraid of guys being mean to me. :(

• Yeah I have because some people see me as a dumb blond and then feel intimidated when I'm nothing like that and I've been called ugly a few times after guys have come on to me and I've stood up for myself.

• I usually tend towards brunettes...but you are pretty...and even more...do NOT strike me as a dumb blonde..I am totally aware that blondes are not all like this---> link

• that is very kind, thank you very much and that's good to hear! :)

• Yes I have. I was sitting in class and 2 guys were sitting next to me talking and I wasn't paying much attention, but then all of a sudden the one guy points to me and goes she's ugly. And of course I was in shock and he went on to explain that he didn't like the way I dressed and that it was unattractive. I've had a few more instances that sort of went along the lines of the one I told you but that was the one that stuck out in my mind.

• hmm...I am not certain if you and I would even get along as friends..o.O...but I think you are very pretty...(:(:(:

• Why thank you

• lol..It is nice to be acknowledged..but I am only being honest...and I know guys don't agree with one another..I think that makes the world a better place...but even at my age...it shocked me that I would think you are so pretty and then you say someone called you ugly..of course they might not really have thought that...o.O

• Yes in middle/high school. I was also called fat in middle school a lot, along with a lot of weight related jokes.

• Yes, lots of time, especially when I were younger. The more I heard such insults, the less confident I was.

But when I were grown up and learnt to take good care of my appearance... it's almost like I did a makeover for myself lol, now I am pleased with how I look and suddenly pple also compliment a lot on me, the used to be ugly girl.

My weak points are still there but they don't bother me as much as in the past because I know that there're many things better for me to feel happy ^^

• Yes, but only over the internet, so I don't really take the comments too seriously.

• just tonight my ex-boyfriend texted me to let me know that I'm an ugly person inside and out. he said a bunnnnnnch of other stuff to me too.

and he wonders why I broke up with him.

• Oh please your boyfriend just needs to get a grip. Guys always pull that off on us girls because they know it bothers us.

• About your inner workings...I have no idea...certainly not ugly on the outside though!..(:(:(:

• Yes, plenty of times. - People just don't call you ugly for no reason. =/

• Lol sometimes they do to get under your skin.

• Well OK. Believe what you want. You're not ugly btw.

• You are right...they call you "ugly" in order to inflict emotional hurt upon you...even though they do not really beliefve that you are ugly..and most likely think that you are beautiful...(:(:(:

• Some brat in 7th grade called me ugly. Never forgot, I'm only recently forgiving him for it.

• Everyday since 2nd grade... Sumer usd to be a escap for me, but not so mutch any mor. I c peepl from my skool ovar the sumer, and thay are alwaz taking abot me.

• Yeah. On here for example or when I was younger a girlgroup called me ugly.

It hurts...

• There is nothing wrong with your looks..or your body...(:(:(:

• Many times...

• There is nothing wrong with the way you look..(:(:(:

• yes I have and I really can careless what people think of me or my looks. as long as I love me and I'm confident screw what they think

• no I've never actually been called ugly

• Yes.

• Yes I have

• Yeah... Usually on the guys part

• not to my face

• Yes more times than I can count.

It's mostly guys who say I am ugly but I have had a few girls call me ugly too. The girls I feel like said it out of jealousy rather than simply thinking I'm ugly. This mostly happened when I was in middle and high school but now I'm an adult and guys still say that and many other hurtful things to me. It really shows that men never mature.

• Guys are stupid. I remember a crowd of guys were checking me out one day and said eww she ugly. Yet they were watching my every move like they never saw a girl before. Guys will be guys, foolish and childish. It didn't even bother me because they had to be about 12 years old(sarcasm).

• Yes that same exact thing has happened to me. It really shows that some people don't outgrow stupidity. I mean, if you think I'm ugly that's fine, but someone who wouldn't keep that to themselves is wrong and a very ugly person on the inside.

• Ya in high school and middle school high school girls are mean but I didn't let it bother me because I don't see them being a model now all of there stuck up ass are at home raising baby on welfare ect true story I seen a few the day

• yea in junior high school, bullied and insulted to breakdown.

but when I got to college I got some cute's and pretty's.

• Very negative question :( .

Yes, A couple times, once: a guy I hate said it. Many times when I was so young like 14 or so by some of my class mates. Twice: in college by someone I hate and she hates me in my class and she was like " she is not pretty at all, is she? she is not attractive at all, right?"

The second day of college a group of girls didn't find anything else to talk about I was sitting in the restaurant and I was putting the headphones but heard them, they thought that I don't hear them.

so

Girl one: look at the girl in that table , she is attractive don't you think so?

Girl two: That girl ? that black girl? she is not,she is not attractive at all.

Girl one: No, she is not black she is brown but there is something attractive about her.

Girl two: She is not attractive and blah blah blah...

Girl one: if she put make up, she would look very attractive though!

Girl two: she is ugly.

I can see that some people think that I am ugly but I do not think I am ugly nor drop dead gorgeous, just average.

I do not take it personal when someone on the internet call me that because they never met me in persom, if they met me then said that I would get a little hurt by it then but just like that out of the blue no, I do not care about the comments.

• Wow they said all of that? That's very disrespectful. I've had girls in high school call me ugly because I was dating a guy that they really liked. They would say it right to my face. One day I just told them, "I may be ugly, but I still got a man and you're still single, so who's the ugly one?" That shut them down. Girls can be vicious, but they were obviously jealous. I doubt your ugly girl.

• I see, many people use the word ugly to hurt others the harshest way, doesn't mean that they are ugly and you are not too. Many of the girls who used to jump calling me ugly were girls who never look twice at the mirror before calling others ugly or hate on them.

No one is ugly, ugly is a big word.

It doesn't bother me anymore though.

I mean I'm not going to date them to worry about what they think lol you know!

• lol exactly.

• No, but I have been called plain before.

• All the time my ex loved calling me ugly and hurting my feelings every chance he got.

• That would REALLY suck...I hope that you are healing.../:/:/:

• You can friend me and I will talk to you...I chat all the time on here...(:(:(:

• I think we may have talked before but thank you.