Why are women so self conscious about their looks?!

Like wtf?! My mom always want me to look stylish for a party. She says it's to look like a teenager and so people don't judge me...This is for a childhood friend of mine! I'm not going to the party jacked up but I'm not gonna look like a celebrity if I'm not trying to a boy or my friends. It's casual! T-shirts and shorts are allowed

Ok mostly about my mother. But I so think women overdo.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is this about women in general? Or your mom being concerned about how YOU look?

• Insecurities really, your mom wants you to look good because she is insecure about you being treated well by others and she also wants you to get into a relationship

So are girls trying to dress to impress, they are insecure about not looking good eneugh so they spend 2 hours perfecting every tiny detail

What Guys Said 1

• becouse they are self-serving ****s!

What Girls Said 1

• Blame the society and media not us.

• I mean don't ask us why, it is the society, men and media who made women like this .