What is the difference between hot and cute?

I have had guys tell me I'm cute. Very seldom do I hear hot. What makes the distinction? Is it attitude? Appearance? I'm curious...

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, cute is not only to do with how you look, but the way you behave. Cute to me involves having softer features and having more youthful and innocent physical looks. Your behavior is can be adorable and sweet and you seem almost vulnerable. Easier to approach than hot.

Hot is more to do with your body and sex appeal and how you carry yourself. Of course an attractive face is still present in good looks. Confident body language make you seem hot and makes it look like you give off some sort of sexual vibe. Hot people give off more of an "I am too good for you" vibe and are unapproachable.

Of course this is all my personal opinion.

What Guys Said 7

• Most guys will avoid using the word "hot" as some women find the term to be somewhat demeaning. Don't take any offense to it. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who think it and probably say it to each other, they just have the good sense not to say it in front of you.

• You are cute. And I have no idea if you are hot.

Cute is more about personality and attitude. It is about how you look, but more about what shines from your inside then from appearance alone.

Hot is more about appearance and body itself. It has much less of personality in it.

One want to be around cute girl. It inspires you and makes you feel good.

One want to have sex with hot girl. It's body thing.

• If a guy thinks you are cute he thinks you are sexy and wants to hookup with you or do you. Cute can be a good thing but guys probably see you as less sexy and wild and less of a hookup thing. Some guys still wanna hookup and have sex with a cute girl its still a compliment but see you as less sexually exciting. A lot of it has less to do with looks and has to do with more the way you dress, act, and present yourself.

Some girls are both cute and sexy and that's the ultimate and what all guys want in a potential girlfriend. One actress who I can think of that's both cute and sexy is emma watson. yum yum yum

• cute:

lets cuddle and be together

hot:

lets cuddle and have sex

hot to me is just the girl's body, if she's got a nice ass, boobs, legs, curvy waist and hips... you know.

sexy is an attitude and a way of dressing.

like the way she walks, the things she says, when she wears a mini skirt.

and cute can be both; a cute face, big blue eyes, cute smile, little comments that make me laugh, her being a little shy.

the best combination for me is a girl with a generally cute attitude, a cute face, a hot body and a sexy attitude when its just me and her. all this together = BOMB, the prize, the perfect girl.

• from my point of view hot is a more provocative term and is used with people you are comfortable with cute is more of causal flirting. but I would half to say that you are beautiful which is a more respectful way of saying your hot =)

• hot-eye candy

cute-Very f***able.

• could you stand on the floor instead of the wall so I can see ya better and get a better idea? lol

seriously, cute to me means a nice looking, well mannered, maybe even tom boyish girl, pretty and fun, nice to be with.

hot means a good looking, somewhat more mature and sophisticated girl, who dresses to impress and looks like she will have/has had sex.

so in answer, it's both attitude and appearance in my opinion.

What Girls Said 3

• someone saying that a person is hot is basically saying that they are physically attractive and have great sex appeal. Calling a person cute is basically saying that the person is not ugly but not greatly attractive, its a compliment and not a negative factor so don't get it the wrong way. If a guy or girl is amazed by someones looks and body then someone would use the word hot. Cute is just saying that the person is not ugly but attractive in some way. There really not that big of a difference, this is just MY opinion on them.

• Hot - sex appeal and Cute - pretty

• Hot girls have sex appeal. Cute girls don't.

Hot girls have the ability to make things steamy and intense and get a guy excited without having to take off their clothes and spread their legs.

I don't think it's appearance, I think it's a certain sex appeal that cute girls tend to be too awkward and self concious to have.