Why are guys so careless when girls have on dresses and skirts?

Why can't guys understand that girls can't do certain things when they have on a skirt or dress?

My boyfriend randomly picked me up when I had on a skirt and made me flash the entire world my panties.

Guys, I know you're not the one wearing it but do you think of these things at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, we forget. Forgive us. =)

For example, I forgot for a moment that a friend had terrible sunburns on his shoulders and his back. I wasn't expecting him to cry out in pain when I jokingly punched him in the shoulder.

I had just forgotten.

Question to you: Have you never forgotten such a thing before?

Something like asking the income of a recently fired family member, only to cause an awkward silence? I did that once too.

It seems like what I did in either case was very rude, but I wasn't really intending to do any harm. I just wasn't thinking. My memory is also very... "selective". I remember all sorts of useless information I read, yet I can't remember what I ate for dinner yesterday night.

I... I seriously can't remember it, now that I think of it. This is... frightening...

Anyway, back to the topic.

Try and focus on the fact that your boyfriend did not do this deliberately. He simply didn't think for a moment. He is still the one responsible for what happened, but there is no "evil" there. He just didn't think things through. So no, what he did isn't "rude", but it is "negligent".

What Guys Said 13

• I'm pretty sure not the whole world saw it, cause I didn't see a damn thing and now I feel robbed.

• Obviously he picked you up with the intent of being nice / cute. Maybe he didn't think about it. We don't wear dresses so it doesn't always come to mind right away. Just let him know and don't sweat it.

• Next time you're looking for a boyfriend, try and find one that doesn't have a meatball between his ears.

• Most likely he did it on purpose. Guys don't notice much, but skirts and dresses are noticed. Just showing you off!

• Not all guys are like that. I tend to be very careful when it comes to that kind of stuff, and I don't even have a girlfriend, lol. Shoot, I'm thinking of getting step-bars for my truck, so that when I do have a girlfriend, and when she goes to climb into my truck, she won't have to worry about complications of getting in when she is wearing a dress or a skirt. I know, it sounds kind of dumb, but I tend to think ahead, sometimes a little too much, lol. But anyways, there are guys out there that are careless, but don't mean to be, which happens. I'm sure he didn't do it for THOSE reasons, but just to be cute. Stuff happens...

• Yes I would.

• No we are clumsy troglodytes...well you need to express your views & wishes...this song was actually on the radio when I was in junior high...eh...maybe 41...42 years ago? O.O------------> link

• That wouldn't have happened if you were wearing a longer skirt/dress. If you're going to wear something short, don't let him pick you up OR wear a skort!

• You think he did it on purpose?

or

forgot?

• I have no idea that's why I'm asking.

• He said it was accident but if it wasn't why would he tell the truth?

• You would get mad at him

• It happens, calm down.

• It's thoughtless and embarrassing in my case. You guys want girls to be girlie and wear cute things but then you can't even be gentleman.

• Some of us, not all.

• Not all guys are like that

• I notice. I notice a lot of stuff other guys don't. I think that is one of the things that separates me from the boys.

• Spur of the moment accident. not really conciously thinking she has a skirt or dress on at that time because I'm not the one wearing it. Sorry.

• Don't you think that's rude?!

• No sh*t? I thought he was blind! He didn't try to flash your camel toe for everyone to see. Pretty sure he wants that to himself.

• Accidents happen all the time...

What Girls Said 5

• This happened to me once back in high school when we were on a camp playing a stupid game. The one guy picked me up and BAM BAM BAZINGA I flashed everyone. It was so embarrassing. The more I yelled "put me down!" the more he moved around. But he did apologize afterward saying he's sorry and he didn't even realize that it would happen. So moral to the story, guys forget about these things sometimes. Better to just tell your boyfriend in advance as a joke that there should be no picking up today :)

• He noticed lolz

• Your boyfriend is a f***tard. That's the real issue here.

• Haha, I think that it's sort of cute that they are so unaware...or that they pretend to be.

• yeah maybe pretending...

• Well its because they don't wear them so they don't know what its like to have one on. Just remind him next time.

• Actually, it was originally men who wore skirts...and men were also the ones who originally wore heels. Women just sort of, took over both

• Really I didn't know this sounds like a good topic for me to research. Thanks.