Anyone Have Hair Removal Tips?

I simply have the worst body for hair removal. Especially when it comes to the bikini area. If I shave anywhere from my knees up to my neck, I break out horribly, the hair begins to show the same day, it gets all red and irritated and painful and I get terrible ingrowns. I've tried Brazilian waxing and there is STILL hair leftover, I still got ingrown hairs and the hair that was taken off started coming back within a week. Depilatories don't work and laser is way too expensive. So I suppose what I'm asking is, does anyone have any really good tips and tricks or ideas for removing hair? It's really becoming frustrating as I'm embarrassed to take my pants off in front of anyone or even wear a bathing suit as even if the hair is gone, there is still nasty red bumps and such. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• well if waxing didn't work I don't have suggestions either, just making sugar wax yourself. It won't work better than going to a salon but it will a be a lot cheaper.

My problem is not that it grows back but that appearently my hair grows differently fast. So assuming I let it grow for like a week and wax then I only get like 1/3 of all hair. The I have to do nothing for 2 weeks until the rest of the hair is long enough and then I do it again to get all of it. So ya it's annoying but I just do it every 2 weeks. I feel at some parts my hair doesn't even get long enough to wax. It comes back quickly when I shave but it never grows long enough to wax. It's insanley annoying

If you feel you have a lot of body hair, you may have hormonal problems. I feel I have a lot of body hair too, but according to my doctor I'm normal so she won't perscribe anything. Generally it is treatable though

What Guys Said 2

• Are you shaving with or against the grain?

As other said, over time waxing does thin the hair.

If you have a lot visible beyond a small bikini, given your difficulties, I'd laser the bikini line when you can afford it, and trim the hair around vagina short.

• All I can say is this...some of us want hair...and you had best not face that situation...where a man wants hair.,..and you cannot deliver...):):): take it straight up? Don't matter to me..go ahead and be trendy----> link

What Girls Said 2

• the more you wax, the thinner the hair will be over time. personally I use an electric razor (hurts like hell though, much worse than waxing it off) but it works like a charm because it pulls the hair from the root. my body reacts that way too so I can understand your frustration. I never use a regular razor to shave, I don't find it helpful and getting razor cuts and burns are not worth it.

• Exfoliate before and after you shave. I get ingrown hair, and that seems to be the only method that works for me.