How do I get the dirt out of curly hair?

I am very active during the day so I am wondering how to clear out all the dirt that gets stuck in it. Shampoo and conditioner don't really work that well.

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of dirt? I have very tight curls and when I go to the beach I got a ton of sand stuck in my hair! Although a serious scrubbing and shampoo get it out, if its difficult I fill up the bath, scrub with shampoo and dip my head in and continue to scrub, picking at any sand I feel lol

• lol I have the same prob with sand being stuck in my hair, I was thinking of just cutting my hair short so I don't have to worry about it

the prob I have though is it doenst feel so bad when its wet, then once I get outta the shower I'm like crap I missed so many

• lol I said screw it as much as I wanted to grow out my hair its just too much work

now I have a buzz cut :D

• lol! good for you, then!

What Girls Said 5

• I used to have curly hair (the older I got the less curly it got) and when I was little I would run around all day, and roll around in dirt and stuff so it got pretty dirty, and I would just shampoo it 2-3 times then use conditioner because shampooing it so much would dry it out

• You're using the wrong products or you don't have a good hair regimen. I have very curly hair and I never have that problem.

• what are some good products I can use?

currently I use dove shampoo and a separate conditioner

and what's a good hair regimen?

• Put a deep conditioner or regular fonditioner beforehand and comb it through.Then rinse with warm water.If its not out yet procede with the usual shampoo and condition routine.

Using conditioner beforehand can prevent tangles/frizz and damaged hair.If your trying to grow your hair out this can help otherwise you can keep it short to prevent the hassle.

• Rinse it with water first then shampoo..try a cleansing shampoo not mouisterizng or volume ect

• Brush it out

What Guys Said 0