Are these big measurements ?

Okay , I'm 5'1 1/2 and 145 pounds. My measurements are 40-34-40. Are these normal? They seem so big and when I tell people my measurements they never belive me. So for my weight , do these sound right ?

thanks for the answers ! I've gone from 216 pounds down to 145 and I'm still working on it ! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• well your weight might be slightly more than it should be, but only by 10 pounds. don't believe all BMI calculators out there, they stink. if I were to go down to my "ideal weight", I'd look like a stick. no thank you. you seem to have a nice curve in your waist and broad hips/an actual ass. don't worry about it, it's fine. if you feel OK with it all, it's even better. an inch or two less around the waist or hips might be more healthy, but if you don't want to, it's OK. and the most important number in health studies is the circumference of your belly nowadays anyways. 32-34 inches are best as far as I know. adds to your hourglass-shape, too ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Not sure, but would say it sounds like you could take off 10 and maybe 15 pounds for your height. Of course as you do this, measurements will become smaller.

• @Update: Good Job. :)

What Girls Said 2

• You probably just have a larger frame.

I'm the same measurements at 5'9", though I weigh more than you.

• Actually. Correction. I'm two inches bigger in both hips and bust.

I think, though, that it all sounds fine. On myself, I don't mind it, so I doubt it'd be that bad on you, either.

• Well, going by weight and height, you could stand to lose10-30lbs, but since your frame is probably bigger, it'd probably be better to lose 10-15 lbs

• @update: damn, congratulations. That's pretty darn badass. Good job! You probably only need to lose 15 more lbs at most(unless you're aiming for more or less). But that's good! not many people can say that