What do you think of corset piercings?

a corset piercing is a series of 8 or more piercings on your back formed to look like the back part of a corset.

i wouldn't be getting any of the intricate corset piercings, maybe one with four on each side and black and blue ribbon tied loose through it and not super tight so that it pulls on my skin.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm all for body mods as I have a few, but corset piercings are pretty silly in my opinion.

You pay all that money to have them put and and they look boring most of the time because the pictures where you see the girls with the ribbons in them, they can't be kept it all the time. so when you have nothing in, you just have a bunch of piercings in your back. Having the ribbons tied in , over time causes rejection and ya don't want that. So most of the time, they're just kinda "there." Ya know?

And plus, that's not something you'd want in for years to come. You'd get tired of them getting snagged on clothing and they'd be out in a year. So I wouldn't spend that much money on something I wasn't sure was going to be there for a while.

What Guys Said 7

• I saw a guy with a series of 27 rivets drilled into his forehead. He said it was called an embicile peircing. I believe him.

• I would hate it, having such in her back would mostly put me off wanting to touch her.

• Girls do some weird sh*t I swear, it looks kind of cool, but I personally don't really like ink or piercings. Corset ones would be too far for me, plus I'm sure they would be a pain in the ass and would make sex awkward at times getting caught or just if he isn't into that. Ink to me always seems boring generally black, most people regret getting them and people look at you differently.

• sounds gross

• disgusting

• I love girls with piercings and tattoos but with this one I'd be scared to death to sleep with her.

• Don't like it.

What Girls Said 15

• The scars are awful! I worked as an apprentice piercer and it's those kind of piercings that get torn out all the time and get infected and urgh, it's just not worth it.

• too extreme. a lip ring or an eyebrow piercing is rebellious enough and says "i'm edgy" haha. corset piercing just says "i'm bizarre and have issues" :/

• It depends on the persons attitude.

Some people have the right personality to be able to make things like that look cute.

• I have been told by far to many people that I am one of those who those kind of piercing would just look so cute and that I could pull them off very easy.

• and most of those people are trusted family and friends, including my grandmother,

• Those are people that won't just tell you anything. So I'd trust them.

• I've actually considered getting a corset piercing at one time, simply because I love the look of corsets. But I don't have the body for it, and even if I did, I'd probably decide not to because of the risk of them getting caught on something and ripping out or getting infected. Aside from the risks and potential problems, I think it's about as beautiful as you can get with piercings. But I wouldn't get it done myself.

• I'm all open to body mods but I'd be scared of them getting ripped out! (I'm scared for other people as well!) If you can be super, ultra careful 24/7 and hope no accidents occur go at it I guess

• Looks cool, but HURTS. My friend got one, we couldn't even hug her it hurt her so much. Not worth it if you ask me. They are painful, and kind of gross.

• 1) you can't clean them by yourself so infection is likely

2) they can cost $300-500, because it is a series of piercings

3) Your body can reject them within a few months, because they are surface piercings

4) they get caught on clothing and furniture so you will need help on hooking yourself.

Plus side they do look cool

• i have a friend who will do them for less then 100, because she needs the practice, but she has worked in shops for several years so that's a good thing. and they only get caught when you first get them because they aren't tightened so once they have healed you go back and get then tightened properly and then that won't be a problem anymore :)

• I think it's a bit much and I don't like how it looks

• Ew. Ew. Scary. Ew.

Sorry, I generally love piercings, but that one grosses me out.

• I feel like it's trying a little too hard to be unique.

• not really I just like the way it looks, I don't know why but I do.

• What matters is what you want. Just take the time to think about it. And as ambery pointed out, they would be a bitch to deal with infected.

• I feel like a corset tattoo would be much much better and safer...

• I love piercings. I have twelve, but those are gross.

• It looks gross...

• bad

• sounds horrible