Wrist tattoos on girls?

I got a henna tattoo of the Chinese symbol love on the left wrist...just wondering if that looks appealing at all...from far away it just looks like a bunch of gibberish but from up close it actually looks like a Chinese symbol...i was thinking of getting it actually tattooed with a friend, who is 18.

Most Helpful Guy

• F***ing stupid.

Tattoos last forever. A marking on your wrist will always show, regardless of what you wear, and like it or not, if affects the opinion people have of you. You might not care now, but you will some day.

Are you fluent in Chinese? Are you sure you know what it says? Chinese characters are popular, but a recent news article showed that most laser tattoo removal procedures are for Chinese characters because eventually, the person with the tattoo meets a real Chinese person who tells them what it says. A guy thought his tattoo said "Fire & Spirit" and a Chinese guy told him it really said "Hot Gas". Seriously.

What Guys Said 5

• Guys who like tattoos will probably like any tattoo. A guy who doesn't might no see it as a deal breaker as long as it's in conspicuous and not glaringly obvious. Although some people say once you get one tat you always want more.

...also really make sure you have the right symbol, sometimes those Asian symbols can mean other things if they're not written properly.

• I like wrist tattoos. I like all tattoos as long as they aren't ugly, and they aren't sleeves, above the shoulders, or on the chest or too close to the vagina.

• Tattoos I think are gross are like skulls or those tattoos that look like your skin is cut open.

• neither appealing or unappealing for me if it's small. doesn't do anything for me

• Looks like graffiti on a wall in an alley behind a ghetto bar.

• I don't like any tattoos

What Girls Said 1

• Quite a common tattoo, if you do decide to go for it, get it big enough so that as it fades over time it will still be legible.