What's the best place on a guy for a tattoo?

I was thinking my forearm or my shoulder. Also what would be good to put on those places?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't so much have a preference as to location since in general I don't love tattoos. Some guys can really pull them off and they're hot and other guys look like they're just trying too hard. I think one of the key differences between the guys that pull them off and the guys that look like they're trying too hard is the meaning behind the tattoo. If it means something to you that you will still mean and really care about when you're seventy years old then it's worth getting. If it's a tattoo that you're going to feel the need to cover whenever your kids are around you may want to rethink it.

What Girls Said 7

• Top arm, biceps is always a good choice. However, I feel you aren't getting a tattoo for the right reasons, don't ask us to provide an answer about what you should get tattooed on yourself, it should be something personal to you, not a fashion statement. Give it some imagination.

• I would either say across the top part of your back like over your shoulder blades or a thick pand around your arm, and possibly one that covers your shoulder and extends down part of your arm. I just think tattoos are sexy on a guy :) and it all depends on the tattoo as well, I have a friend who is getting a whole back tattoo of a knotted tree with hearts dangling from the branches on ropes that says " You Are Always In My Heart" across the top, and I designed it for him to. and the only color is the dark blood red of the hearts

• A band across your upper arm, I was in kauai a few months ago, and hawaiians have the best tatoos, look them up! very sexy

• Do your upper arm or shoulder so it won't interfer with getting a job, since most jobs require that your tattoos are covered. I personally like ones with a personal meaning behind them the most because it shows what's really important in that persons life. I guess tribal would be the next best since they're "classic tattoos"

• I don't think it will interfer with my job that much unless its a pic of a naked dude lol.

• Ok but what else should I get besides that?

• I would hold off till that's done and once you know what you want on your own without others who don't know you weighing in.

• Upper arms or shoulder blades

• Upper arm. Then again, it depends on the tattoo...

Back tattoos are hot as well. :)

• Upper arms

What Guys Said 2

• generally anywhere on your arm.

• forearm