Do you use cosmetic products that are intended for or marketed towards a different race or gender?

I'm a black and Asian biracial girl and people think it's odd that I use products that I used products that are for white, asian, and black and men. People that know me think it's weird so I was wondering if anyone out there does. Well I'm sure I'm not the only one but I'm interested in what you guys use and who the product is targeted towards.

I know a lot of white girls use Asian makeup products like bb cream, and one time I saw a Mexican girl pick up a black hair care product at the beauty supply. I also know a lot of girls who use men's razors.

0|0
10|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm biracial, black & Hispanic) and I tend to use various brands and products.

For instance, most of my haircare is either for African American hair care or white. With African-American hair products I use ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor, Queen Helene Cholesterol, Hask Henna & Placenta Treatment, Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak, Dr Miracles treatment and a few other products. For skincare, I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask & scrub and Palmer's Cocoa Butter.

With "white" haircare products I use the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner, Zero Frizz Deep Conditioner, Herbal Essences Mousse for curly or tousled hair, Tresemme Heat Protectant/Mane n' Tail Hair Strengthener/Garnier Flat Iron Mist, Organix Shampoo & Conditioner, David Babaii Shampoo & Conditioner & Alberto V05.

With makeup I use Dior(mascara), Lancome(mascara), Urban Decay(eyeshadow & eyeliner), Revlon(foundation) & Maybelline(foundation & mascaras & eyeliners), MAC(eyeshadows)

Although I'm biracial, I've tried BB cream because I do tend to fit the darkest shade offered.

I guess I do use products aimed at other races but I'm not too hung up on it

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Girls at my school use men's razors and men's deoderant.

They say that mens razors work better and don't give razor burn and mens deoderant works better to stop sweating.

I once used a womens razor to shave my face...and it totally cut it up. Never doing that again.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think it's weird at all. I mean, the stuff in all these products is pretty similar, the companies just market them for different people based on who they think will buy it the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually use some hair care products made for white girls, I like their conditioners.

0|0
    0|0
  • No only once I got one from Ambi but it made me break out but then again id never used cover up before.I stick to what's cheaper.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use men's razors, but other than that I don't pay attention to what I'm using. I think men's razors work better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, at least nothing I can specifically recall.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never thought about that when buying products. I just buy what works well for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya I use whatever works

0|0
    0|0
  • i love bb cream and I'm white. I don't usually wear it but if I need some coverage I do. its great

0|0
    0|0
  • No I just use what's a good product

0|0
    0|0