Question about new ear piercing!

About three weeks ago I got my second hole piercing on my ear lobe. nothing fancy, just the simple piercing.

I know you have to wait 6 weeks before you can change the earrings. So, that means I have 3 weeks left. I was just wondering if I could take the earrings out for like 5 minutes at a time to clean them and my ears? I don't feel like I can properly clean everything when the earrings are in my ear.

Will this close up the hole or slow down the healing process very much? Thanks in advance! :D

Most Helpful Guy

• For something like this I wouldn't bother taking them out. That being said, the way that piercers and pretty much everybody tries to teach you to be paranoid about it is baloney. I've given myself multiple piercings consisting of making the hole with a large sewing needle, sticking in a ring, and buggering around with it until it's closed, and sometimes having to repierce the hole directly after if something didn't go right. Granted, some people are more prone to infections, but we aren't the porcelain dolls doctors want us to think we are.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Don't actually take the earring out, just take the back off, hold the earring in place and clean around the back of the year then push the stud out a little and clean underneath it, don't be long though, a quick clean then push it back in. I would then leave it for the remaining time and you'll be just fine!

• I wouldn't do that if I were you it can get badly infected and lead to problems and also close up and trust me I had one after the 6 weeks passed anyways at first when I started changing them one of my earrings fell out while I was sleeping and when I woke up the hole was already closing so it takes time for it to stay open. That being said you are suppose to push it and turn it for the solution to clean it well so it does not get infected. :)

• Wash your hands then clean it, but don't take it out. It can lead to infection.

And use saline solution to clean it if you can. Hydrogen Peroxide can be too tough on the skin and harm it.

I have 12 piercings and I took one out and it got badly infected. So don't try taking it out until you're supposed to.

• If the piercing doesn't hurt, then sure

• I don't think you should do that, you might not be able to find the proper hole anymore. I think I probably punched another in the process of trying to get it back in my ear... I gave up though and just left it out. -_-