What kind of fabric is this dress made of?

I put two different links up just in cause one of them stops working, thanks. link link

The three answer I got from you guys was satin, charmeuse and taffeta. Have any of you worn any of these before?

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks like Charmeuse or Satin, would put my money or Charmeuse as it looks quite light.

• Never heard of Charmeuse before, how did you know that?

• I do a lot of sewing and have done dress making before and most women would often confuse silk with charmeuse!

• In reply to your update - It is certainly not taffeta, that material is too crisp to be on that dress and wouldn't have provided that shine. I've worn satin before, quite comfortable, silky and floaty - very delicate though. I had a charmeuse bridesmaids dress before and it's quite durable, it's a blend which includes satin so it's not all that different, however it's more flattering on shaped clothes not so much floaty items.

What Guys Said 2

• Taffeta. I LOVE dresses in that material! SO beautiful!

• Satin.

What Girls Said 3

• Looks like satin.

• I'd say tafta. Oh, its spelled taffeta apparently. I've worked in a dress shop before. It could be any.

• One girl said it could be charmeuse, so why do you think it is taffeta?

• Do you know what the fabric is?

I haven't worn them. But I have helped girls putting on their dresses and handled them to put on racks.

Why do you need to know?

• No, just wondering if any of you have worn these. I just wanted to know cause I like the material the dress and want to wear it. Do you think if I brought the pic to a dress shop or something they could tell from the picture?

• I'd say satin.