Trimming long hair?

Okay , so I want to grow my hair as long as possible so that its long for school , but my mom wants me to get it trimmed to get rid of the slip ends. My question is , how much hair do the take off during a trim ? enough to notice a difference ? I'm really trying to grow it out !

i don't have a lot of damage really , just a split here and there

Most Helpful Girl

• i have hairdown to my ellbows so I know what I talk about

i have still damaged ends but I take good care of them with oil masks ect... and I trim them by myself every month a few milimeters with a special scissor

if you do this you will have long and healthy hair sometime but you have to be patient and to be careful with your hair

What Guys Said 1

• You can just tell them and they'll do it? Like an inch half an inch quarter inch whatever is more comfortable

What Girls Said 9

• Go to a salon where you know the people or have friends with good experiences because some alons will cut off more than what you asked!

• You're better off getting them trimmed. I had to cut 7 inches off my hair in order for it to look for healthier. It's still long though.

Cut off 3 inches. May vary to how much damage you have.

Massage your scalp gently every night, drink water, eat peanut butter and avocados.

• I told my hair dresser I was trying to grow out my hair and she barely took anything off. Of course I sitll noticed because I just want my hair to be longer!

• depends on the damage,make sure to tell the stylist that you're trying to grow out your hair

• it depends on how much damage there is, about and 8th of an inch to about a quarter inch or bosibly half an inch

• You can get your hair cut in layers

• How much damage do you have?

Typically, the most they'd take off is an inch. But it's better to start off with fresh, healthy hair than hair with dead or split ends that will continue to break off

• Usually half an inch. So not really a big difference.

• You can cut your own ends