Black hair: yay or nay?

I've always had this obsession with jet black hair & I'm really battling the urge to dye my hair black again. Rihanna's Harper's Bazaar cover is convincing me slowly to begin dying again >.< But I want to keep my healthy curly hair

link

link

link

link

link

link

I just love black hair! I think it's super gorgeous

What do you think about black hair? yay or nay?

If I do dye it at home, is there any way to keep it from killing my hair? I really really want to try one of the L'Oreal hair dyes but I know I used to love Revlon

the last time I dyed my hair black I used Clairol and it didn't give much hold to my dark brown hair

Most Helpful Guy

• I think dark hair is super beautiful too.. I love it's color contrast with different skin tones.

What Guys Said 7

• Yay for black hair!

• Love it.

See, I'm supportive of your appearance modification sometimes ;)

Screw nature!

• Black hair is hot! Just do it

• Go for it.

• black hair is great! You also look quite beautiful already

• I don't mean to sound racist but jet black hair doesn't look good on black people

• What color of hair do you think most black people have naturally?

And what does race have to do with this? geesh

Can't ever ask a question without race being brought up

• You don't even know what my skin tone is, so you can't even say if it'd look good on me or not

Poetic can comment cause she's actually seen me

And no, black people have black hair

• I actually think it looks gorgeous. Black works best in my opinion.

• that's my favorite color hair on girls so I will give my vote to do it :D

What Girls Said 7

• If your skin tone is right then go for it :) Black hair can look amazing but pitch black on hair on super pale skin looks kinda off for me though. I don't think black hair will ever work for me cause of my natural skin tone. But in general its gorgeous and I envy girls who can pull it off :)

• YAY. Totally. I'm naturally black haired. I added some violetish reflections to it... It's not much, but I still wish I didn't do it. Black hair is amazing... You could try some products that last through like 7 shampoos or something like that, to see if you like it. And if you do, next time you can do it permanently :D

• regular hair dye won't really damage your hair much,i used palette 4 times in one week (going from dark brown to blond is hard)and my hair is still healthy . I say do it.

• Did you use the regular dye or foam?

Does foam work well by the way, if you know anything about it or have experience with it?

• i used regular dye,but my friend has used foam dye (to go ginger) and she says it faded after a few washes,and that it smelled horrible.

• Nay.

I don't like black hair, it's so plain.. Especially, if the girl has a caramel skin tone. I like brown and dark brown hair better.

Black hair looks better on white to olive skin complexion.

It won't damage your hair, just condition it afterward. (1-2 days later prior to dying it.)

I don't know, I always had black hair.. Still do.. Upper half anyway. -.-"

• I've always thought black hair is very sexy, on guys or girls.

• ahh Rihanna is so pretty <3

black hair is gorgeous! it looks very sexy and mysterious. do it.

• Sometimes I love my hair...sometimes I hate it. But only because it's super THICK and annoying to deal with.