Good dress for a wedding?

I've been seeing this guy for a little while and he wants me to go to his sisters wedding with him

link

is this a good dress?

I've met his mom, but that's it so ill be meeting his whole family and I want to look nice.

the dress is pistachio, a light green color, not white. and thank you for all the answers, very helpful!

Most Helpful Girl

• That dress is cute and very light but I would wear something like this link

It doesn't show off your shoulders which is excellent, especially to a wedding and it doesn't seem trashy.

• do you think the one shoulder showing is trashy? I figured the longer hem evened it out

• hmm I understand where you are coming from, and I did like the dress you showed. do you think this would work if I had some sort of cover up to conceal my shoulders? this dress would work for other events ill have going on so that's why I ask

• I mean it could work yeah, but I just wouldn't choose that dress.

What Guys Said 8

• It's classy and not trashy so go for it.

• thanks :)

• good point! ill keep that in mind thank you!

• Good luck.

• i think its a really nice dress

• One shoulder aren't my favorite, but the overall dress is nice, classic and very appropriate.

• Why does everyone think this dress is white?

And yeah, I think it looks good.

• Yes, it will defiantly work.

• Can't wear white to a wedding. If you can get it in another color, then it's fine. Otherwise, choose a diff. dress

• Looks like a perfect dress AND shoes!

Nice choice!

Very classy and elegant :D

• very nice dress though I'm not sure about the color, not supposed to wear white to a wedding.

What Girls Said 13

• Love it. Adorable, simple, classy. :)

• That's fine for a wedding! Although since you are part of the immediate family (as the brother's date), I would personally go for something a little longer and a little more elegant - but that's just me. Usually when I go to weddings, I am part of the close family. For me, shorter party dresses (the one you picked is very cute, by the way!) are for the guests who are not all that close to the couple and aren't celebrating their love so much as celebrating in general (I don't think I worded that entirely correctly, because I didn't want to come off as insulting). For example, when my cousin got married we all wore gowns. His distant cousins he speaks to once a year came in short dresses.

• It makes a difference if you know what the bridal party is wearing, though. If the bridal party is in short dresses, disregard everything I said because then you fit right in.

And everyone keeps saying don't wear white, but the dress is pistachio. I assume it's a noticeable in person. But yeah, don't wear anything too light. Brides freak out about that sometimes, and everyone else will think it distasteful.

• Classy, feminine, very cute.

I think it's a really good choice, very appropriate. I'm sure you'll make a good impression in it.

• its really cute and perfect for a wedding in the summer...its simple yet elegant and classy and it'll turn heads all at the same time. go for it!

• Yes! Very pretty. It's classy and feminine - what all parents want for their son!

• Maybe you can look here,honeybuy.I believes that you will find what you want, bless you.

• Yes! its so cute and it dosnt make you look trashy since your meeting his family haha

• aw that dress looks perfect. its sweet, a nice color, and very elegant. I like it! :)

• if they're getting married in a church, that's when you want to have you shoulders covered, so you might want to wear a cardigan/coverup while there, but for the reception it'd be appropriate to take it off(:

• i don't think you should wear white to the wedding, and I feel like this is way too casual. look at some bcbg dresses. they have the best ones

• the one that fits.

• I think it's beautiful, and a very nice dress for the occasion. :)

• It will work.