Getting a tattoo to symbolize my four years in my high schools drumline. Cheesy? Or no?

Some of my best memories of high school are from drumline. I plan to be in my colleges drumline as well, or at least in the percussion in the symphonic band (yes, I'm a band geek :3 lol)

But I want to get a paradiddle tattoo. For those of you that don't know what it is, it's a drum rudiment. Drum stickings that go "R L are R L are L L"

So basically the tattoo I want, it will be the are L are R L are L L across my wrist.

I honestly think it's awesome. It wouldn't be something that everyone would get right away. Unless a percussionist, they would have to ask and I'd get to explain, which I like. I'd rather someone be curious about what my tattoo means instead of just looking at it and getting it right away.

So? What ya think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Kinda cool but I think it opens up the door for sexual innuendo if you have to explain it. As soon as you say "diddle", you know it's only a matter of time until they say "Oh so you're into diddling?". And if they are a drummer it gets worse: "Well I can give you a great double stroke roll, baby! I'd totally flam that! You'll have triplets!"

Don't get me wrong I like the idea but I can see it bringing out the 13 year old boy in people. Hell, I'm 25 and I even know what you're talking about and even my mind went there. If only they didn't give the rudiments such silly names. WTF is a ratamacue?

• Imagine yourself at 50 looking at that tattoo.

• Imagine yourself 50.

• I have, actually. Nothing wrong with that. Not do I understand te downvotes. I think it's a valid consideration because a tattoo is a lifelong decision.

• I think, Are you really going to be fascinated by your drum line in 15 years? 15 years ago, I was really into Beavis and Butthead. Now I still enjoy them, but I'd be kicking my own butt if I got a tattoo of them because I liked them.

• Drumline is a part of my life so as the percussion in general. I've been in the percussion in school since I was in 5th grade and I stuck with it through graduation and I'm going to continue with it at my college. I have many memories attached to being a percussionist. The tattoo will forever have a meaning to me.

• ok if that's the case then do it. What I always recommend to someone getting a tattoo is get a drawing of it, and place the drawing on the fridge for a year and look at it everyday and see if you still feel the same way in a year or however long you leave it up

• tattooes are cool especially if they mean something to you not some random chinese saying that probably says "i eat sh*t" but you've been told it says "i love life" go for it.

• Don't do it..most guys do not like tattoos

• 1. Not true.

2. I don't care what "most guys" think. I have a wonderful boyfriend that isn't going anywhere and he doesn't mind tattoos.

3. If I want something, the fact that someone else might not like it isn't going to stop me. It's on me, not them.

• Yes true

If you don't care..then why ask?

Go ahead...

• Wait a couple of years and see if you still think it's a great idea.

• it's an important part of your life so it has meaning and it can cause people to be inquisitive about it. I like the idea.

What Girls Said 4

• If you can see yourself as a old lady with it then go for it :) I can tell it's something special to you so yeah. I'd personally say no, but that's bias of me cause I don't want tattoos but I think the idea seems cool though, not cheesy or anything. Very original.

• As long as it's just a few small letters, I can't really see how it would become a problem. If you feel like it would make you happy seeing it there, then cool.

• Don't you'll regret it later on down the line

• Don't do it.