Why do you think the most beautiful girls are the most insecure?

I recently thought that maybe they are so beautiful BECAUSE they are insecure. Like maybe that's why they put so much effort into their appearance.

What your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone tells me I'm beautiful and will list features.

I do not think so. I can name 100 reasons why I'm not beautiful. So, I make my eyes dark with make up partly because I feel more comfortable that way, my real eyes are concealed I guess, and also because some people find my eyes intimidating if I'm annoyed and my black rimmed eyes stare into you.

I have crap hair - its incredibly thin and straight so I can't use products; they add too much weight an slick it down. I have layers cut it to give it volume.

I think the most attractive girls are ones with confidence. Maybe you believe that wearing make up and nice hair etc will give you confidence but that's not true.There's lots of women out there who are fully natural and beautiful for it.

Also, the celebrities we see are always in perfect make up and hair. Perhaps it's an automatic reaction - see someone with make up = gorgeous.

Watch this video, it might change your mind... link

What Guys Said 6

• Because all they've ever relied on in their young lives (and sometimes older lives) is their looks and appearance. This is all fine and dandy for them, but us "normal human beings" value a little more depth than just a pretty face. If someone's sole use is their pretty face, then they don't have much use outside of eye candy which means that despite their good looks, they aren't too valuable anyway.

A bit from a Louis CK standup, he was talking about his friends taking him to a bar one night after he got divorced. He noticed that with age, his taste in women has also changed and he no longer sees the pretty girl as desirable because she's simply there to get f***ed by someone. "Is that your only use?! You sit there and wait for someone to have sex with you?" is what he said lol.

So basically, shallowness leads to a lack of depth in more ways than one in people's lives. It's just that they don't realize it until they actually start experiencing it, which leads to you being able to see over insecurity.

• You seem to confuse beauty and make up, haircut, clothing.

A girl can be beautiful by her features, without putting so much effort into her appearance.

• the girls who look the best are the ones that don't have to put too much effort into.sure, the effort is appreciated, but the best looking ones are the ones that don't need it.

• Lol sorry but guys always say that because they're clueless about all it takes ...

• You have to admit, QA, that there are girls who are attractive without a whole lot of work.

• i put it in quotes for a reason. what people define as perfect 10's when they see them in a movie or a picture, they don't look like that naturally

• Hmm good question but after putting all that effort in, don't most still feel like something is still not right?

• Who said that? That is absolubtely not true at all! How can you be insecured if you get complimented all the time? It doesn't make any sense.

• even if they are insecure, it won't hurt or screw their chances of getting a date, a boyfriend.

What Girls Said 11

• Because they have noticed that they get a lot of attention about their appearance and thus forces them to be more critical of themselves on a much more detailed basis.When you are beautiful and you always get compliment, you will start to worry much more about how you look.Sometimes you think you don't look that good and think you NEED to look perfect because you feel that if they see something wrong they will change their mind.I can say this is paranoid.So being attractive isn't always great.There are some disadvantages too.

• because they have learned to rely on their appearance for their self worth and other things in life. it's superficial and they know it fades, and they always have to kind of worry about it, and also people judging them for how they look, good or bad.

• idk, the truly beautiful girls I've met do try really hard and they like to act like they don't but I mean its so obvious that they do. you don't just wake up in a perfect outfit with your hair perfect and make up flawless. I think its a really fake way to be. and I'm thankfully that I've got a personality because there are always gonna be more beautiful girls then me but at least I'm funny:)

• I feel the most secure are the ones that put on makeup, wear the pretty clothes and heals, I'm a female and for some reason have a problem doing that just thats, it draws atttention and I don't want it I feel to insecure but I do want to dress pretty makeup takes work which is why I don't do it but I'm trying little by little to change

• Being beautiful comes from genes.

The most beautiful girls aren't insecure because people have fed them compliments and confidence all their life.

• well putting effort into how you look don't always mean someone is insecure. it just means they care about their health and such.

• Nah, I think that's something less beautiful girls tell themselves to feel better about not being the most beautiful.

Some girls put a lot of effort into their appearance because it mkes them feel good if they don't leave the house looking like a slob, for ex. messy hair, tshirts, sweatpants.

Some girls do it because they have a passion for fashion; they get enjoyment out of putting together unique, interesting outfits. It's apart of their creative outlet.

Putting effort into your appearance and not leaving the house looking sloppy doen't necessarily equal insecurity.

• It's because girls tend to always be told how beautiful how they are by everyone. They get attention for that reason mostly, and they're used to it. Now because this is the case, they have to uphold that image everyone has always had of them- they are aware that they are attractive, and they want more. It's like very wealthy people...although they have a lot of money, they still strive for more.

All that said, if a girl is unattractive, no amount of effort will make her "beautiful". A pretty girl with just a little bit of extra effort can be beautiful.

• No

• i don't think there's any scientific correlation.

• I think it's because they were always told how pretty they were and didn't bother to work on any other aspect of themselves and looks only account for so much even in this society. Unfortunately, they are not always, very rounded individuals. I do know some very talented and physically beautiful women who are not insecure and I see this as the difference. The insecure ones only think looks give value to themselves and the other ones pay attention to their brains and/or talents as well.