Is this a cute nick name for a girl?

My last name is Franklin and I was thinking of just going by the nickname Frankie. Does that sound cute for a girl? I really dislike the nickname that goes along with my first name.

• Cute
  • Not cute

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it.

Thats my cat's name but he's a boy. :D

I did name him frankie because of frankenstein like fooleycooley1001 mentioned.

But I met this is old lady at the vet whose name was frankie. She was nice.

What Guys Said 6

• =) Frankie could work. I imagine a dark-haired girl who is super-super-cool... maybe like one who 'is in with the guys' -- sort of a tomgirl/girl who is equally comfortable among guys & girls.

speaking of, does anyone else think "GAG" is a horrible acronym for a dating/love advice site? lolol we're gaggers lol. wonderful --

Frankie is cool - might be better than what you currently go by. I always liked the name Ande (spelling?) for a girl - like that girl in The Goonies.

Andy! you GOOOOOONIE!@

..this is why you come to me for advice, right? for Goonies' movie dialogue?

anyhow, Frankie could work. ask someone you know to generate one if you redecide against it. fun, playful/spunky nicknames rule. if not maybe you could choose a more aesthetic version of your name, or slight alteration. maybe you could give some personality traits on a new question that you'd want featured/reflected in your nickname & we could come up with some - that'd be fun too.

Frankie is workable. I personally imagine a sort of personally-involved, hypomanic guys' girl. could be blond too. what do I know - if it works it works =)

good luck - I'd take a minute to decide - 'your name' is kind of (& then kind of not) a big deal.. best of luck.

- joe

• haha, thanks. I am a playful girl and a bit of a tomboy XD... By the way, love and dating stuff totally makes me GaG <- see what I did there? :D

• Reminds me of Frankie Stein.

• My track and field coach use to call me Frankenstein :0

• I wouldn't say it is cute but I wouldn't mind calling a girl Frankie.

• I didn't think you could make your own nickname.

• you totally can if you are as awesome as me ;)

• You can't pick your own nickname, it just goes against everything

• I can

• Ahh vanity

• No, it is the freedom to not follow traditional rules such as gaining a nickname. To say that is vanity makes zero sense

• frankie first thought makes me think of a dude. its not that cute to me but its not awful.

What Girls Said 6

• Kinda sounds like a guy name and well your not supposed to give yourself a nickname

• you can if you are as awesome as me ;) (and tired of the horrible ones people come up with)

• Is your name Courtney?

• no, why do you ask that specific name?

• Yea it's cute, I like it.

• i find it cute :)

• I have a friend we call frankie, because her name is francis. but you're not allowed to pick your own nickname. its like against the rules of life.

• oh snap. I broke the rules :p

• Sounds fine.