Why do girls think that "beautiful" is better than "sexy"?

I've been hearing some girls say that they have an hourglass figure and can't fit into clothes without looking either slutty or dumpy, that clothes aren't made for their proportions. I understand the reason why girls want to avoid like the plague looking like a party girl that desires dirty catcalls from morons, but the question is do they think their ideal potential boyfriend is going to be too stupid to see beyond big boobs (or whatever) if they're not hidden behind a princess costume? They think even their ideal guy will be that stupid or are they just projecting?

Let's put it another way. Do girls think they're being deep focusing on primping up one body part over another (Face vs. body)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty is something on the surface; Sexy is something that comes from within.

Sexy is not the clothes you wear or the size and shape of your parts.

Most guys are too supid to see beyond big boobs and they settle for selfish, self centered, gold digging whores who break their hearts after treating them like crap and turn them into players. I don't know how many guys I've seen put up with pure bullsh*t because of a beautiful girl with a nice body. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphrees for example. A lot of guys ARE that stupid. When you finally find guys who aren't, you're dealing with true men :) but those are not easy to find.

• For me, I've honestly gotten to the point where idgaf what guys think of me. I like myself. The only guy who's opinion of me I will really care about all that much is a particular guy I'm interested in.

• I personally have no idea what kind of guys you are meeting but I highly doubt that most guys are that stupid. Maybe teenage boys...

• johnny hustle, lol, no. They're just sex crazed and immature.

What Girls Said 11

• beautiful seems more like you want to be near them, you like the personality, image, and everything else.

sexy is completely different. if they are just sexy you would have sex with them for sure, but nothing too long term because you might not like other aspects of their personality

• Because beautiful and sexy seem to target two totally different things about the girl.

When I her SEXy, sexual, superficial, things seem to be what it's about.

When I hear beauiful, it sounds like he is refering to everything- the inside, as well as, the out side.

*shrugs*

• I would much rather be called beautiful. To weigh the odds, being sexy is meaningless unless it applies to how much sex appeal you have. Beautiful sounds more sophisticated and meaningful.

• When you call a girl sexy, they think that you're just looking at her body and not caring about anything else but that. When you call a girl beautiful she feels like her personality, her looks and everything is what your looking at.

• beautiful means, a guy likes her look, personality and abilities.

sexy means, I wanna see you naked and do you

pretty means, you are eithr OK looking or you are cute and I like you as a friend

atleast it means that to me

• Beautiful sounds less crass than sexy and more meaningful ( as in, I adore your personality, all your flaws, and quirks, regardless, you are my girl and you're amazing)...

Beautiful just sounds more beautiful.

• Being called 'sexy makes me feel like all your thinking about is physical. Beautiful..well it makes you feel special. Probably sounds corny but.. o.o

• Because sexy to me just means you only like the body. To me beautiful meana beautiful face and nice body, and person with a nice persoanlity.

• beautiful is the whole package

• First of all, if you break down the word sexy, it's basically like saying "Hey! You look like sex!" haha.

We don't want the first thing someone thinks of us to be some sexual thought.

Beautiful can compliment all aspects of a girl.

• I don't think that beautiful is better than sexy. A girl can be beautiful as hell but not sexy at all that's too bad. But a girl can be not that beautiful but still attracts male attention because she is sexy (her behavior, manners, smile, the way she looks at guys...). I would rather my boyfriend to call me sexy than beautiful

What Guys Said 3

• sexy sounds like you want their body for sex

versus beautiful you want their body for its beauty

Be-YOU-tiful

you like that? =P

• Sexy as defined by me is a woman I find physically attractive or is dressed in a way to show off her curves. Sexy to me is confidence in herself when she wants to flaunt it out at a bar, club or anywhere in public. Having that sex appeal doesn't hurt either.

Beautiful is the entire package. Sexy is included in this definition but add a personality that I've fallen in love with, and being able to trust me when I'm around other women. The girls I know, usually throw me into the mix of the cheating type. Which I've never done and never will.

I've used amazing, beautiful, and "wow" interchangeably. "Wow" is the word that comes out of my mouth when I'm completely floored by how I see her for the first time when she has dressed her best. I'll only use these words in relationships or amongst my closest female friends.

• cause beautiful is better