Why is it considered indecent if I walk outside in my bra and panties?

Even though you can walk around in a bikini ( which is usually waaay skimpier,) anywhere around town without judgement?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it would be considered indecent if you walk outside in your underwear, that goes for anyone. It's also indecent to walk around in a bikini because it's more or less the same thing.

• idk, people are more accepting of bikini's then someone walking around in bra / panties

• yes but people assume if you have one on, it's because your going swimming or have been swimming. whereas if you wear bra and panties they think it's gross

• Usually when you're done swimming you toss on a tank top or something dry even a towel. You're not going to be walking around downtown in a swimsuit though because you've just gone swimming. No one is going to buy that. It's not gross, it's just immodest and shameless.

What Guys Said 6

• Why would it be indecent if I walk around in my boxers, even though they cover about the same amount of skin as my swimming trunks?

A mystery I suppose.

• Yes...its upto you.but people around you will see and enjoy your stuff.its OK if they see and enjoy.it might hurt you if they go beyond

• Probably because it's underwear/lingerie. Bikinis aren't (yes, I know there's such thing as bikini cut style underwear) but you get the point

• Why are you so butt hurt?

• You won't.

• That my friend... Is one if the mysteries ofcthe universe...same thing as why are girls boobs censored on TV but not man boobs or guys nipples.girls shold be able to show whatever they want

• i know that Europeans made the native Americans cover up because they felt it was uncivilized. so because some guy thought boobies were uncivilized ( yea he was probably gay...) now it's indecent for women to show them

• The female breast is inherently sexual in its nature. In Europe, they don't care about lust. In much of Europe, if a girl is raped, it's her fault somehow. In the US, being that carefree with upper female nudity almost invariably leads to trouble. Men automatically interpret it as invitation, whereas they might not in Europe.

What Girls Said 4

• it's called a time and a place for things... but hey if your OK with perverted men looking at you... some rapist seeing you and looking at you as a target... if you are OK with men seeing you like that without having to date you... goo ahead... it's your life , do what you want =\

• i agree. its stupid to treat them differently.

• venue.

• Uhm.Go try it