Sports bras make you look flat chested?

When I wear a sports bra it flattens my breasts which I thought it was supposed to do. But lately I have seen some women who are obviously wearing a sports bra but there boobs are not flat and look more like they are wearing a regular bra. Are there sports bra that don't flatten them and still work to keep them supported? Or do these girls have fake boobs and that is why they don't flatten? I am a D size cup so I am not flat chested.

Most Helpful Girl

• This depends on your sports bra material. I bought a sports bra once, and it make my chest super flat, like a 12 year old. I ended up returning it because instead of comforting and supporting my breasts, it squished them.

The bras you see women weari with their big boobs are those kind of bras that... How do I explain it? Um... Those bras have regular-ish bra sewed with the sports bras. Like the VS ones- it's a sports bra, but it's also a badass bra. They come in cup sizes instead of S-M-L.

link

I have those kinds of bras. They're super comfortable to wear. Whether you're doing yoga, working out, or hiking, or running, or whatever activity you do. Maybe Wii haha.

Another possibility: those women wear their regular bra with sports bras. I do this because a sports bra isn't enough to support my breasts, especially while working out, because they bounce all over the place and I'm deifnitely not comfortable with that. Which is why I wear my regular bra with my sports bras.

Oh, and my boobs don't look any bigger or smaller when I do this. So I don't know.

:)

What Guys Said 4

• I can't answer about the bras, I don't use bras very often. Last time I don't remember, but apprarently there were pics of it. watever..

But do you really have to care about showing off with your breasts when working out? I mean isn't it easier to work out without flirting and staring men?

• Usually, but they're kind of made to do that.

• If they don't make sports bra's that don't flatten them then they're probably stuffing their sports bra

• Some have bigger cups but hold your boobs down as well!

What Girls Said 8

• a lot of girls wear a regular bra underneath. It just needs to be comfy enough, like a t shirt bra.

link

maybe something like that.

it helps a lot with support and looks better too.

• Nope all sports bra's flatten ya down - making this lump of a uni - boob form on your chest :P

There are some expensive sports bras that are shaped more like regular bras that give ample shape and support.

But flattening ones are a bit better, just helps keep them out the way while your being active.

Meh, your getting all sweaty and gross anyway - plus if your larger than a B then your boobs are still noticeably on the bigger side.

• Generally they are designed to keep things tight. Flat chestedness is the unfortunate byproduct.

There are some that minimize that effect. Lulu lemon has some good ones.

• There are sports bras with cups. The support differs from brand to brand but there are some that are pretty supportive.

The best sports bra I've ever owned was a Joe Boxer sports bra. It gave me shape while still being supportive.

• awh god. I see women who just wear regular bras when exercising because they don't need the support. I have E (DDD in the US) and any time I do exercise I have to wear the strong support bras. these bras give a nice uni-boob! lol! I've also seen in shops, sports bras that are stylish and look pretty but they don't give enough support for anyone of a larger chest size

• It's called Victoria's Secret ;) LOL

• U can get sports bras with built in cups

• I think I may have seen sports bras with cups at one point in time...