Ladies why do you straighten your hair? Why not be natural?

ladies why do you straighten your hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• all natural girl here, I gave up straightening years ago, eventually my hair got healthy enough to where it didn't need to be straightened and looks good on it's own.

What Girls Said 13

• To make ourselves look better. Sometimes hair can go frizzy and look very messy if it's natural. Perfect curls are usually created, so whenever in magazine you see those girls with beautiful curls or waves, they have been styled to look so. They don't wake up looking like that. So most hair is styled in some form whether it's curling mouse, wax, curling irons, flat irons, hair dryers, etc.

• It's all about maintenance. I don't straighten my hair. My hair is naturally straight. I use straighteners to curl my hair though :) Sometimes it's nice to have a completely different look... Everyone should take a little pride in the way they look. We live in a world where presentation is a social given. Girls like to doll themselves up, sometimes it's for your viewing pleasure.. other times it's for self appreciation. No problem with getting ya hair diiiid.

• I have no idea...I was born with stick straight hair to begin with. I've never used a straightener. My best guess is to tame wild hair, or make it longer or to just switch up the style? I don't know though because I never do anything with my hair. It always looks the same.

• Cause if I don't I look like I jumped out of the 80s after a hard night of partying. Seriously it looks bad

• Because my hair is so awful and ugly! Crazy, weird looking and awkward curls! Like the Brave girl, crazy hair!

Every guy I've talked to about this says straight hair looks sexy. You can do more with straight hair. It's so easy, so pretty. Guys like that, right?

• I don't straighten mine personally, except on special occasions.

But guys do prefer straight hair and when they say they prefer natural hair, that translates into "straighten your hair so it looks naturally straight."

Aside from guys, girls also often straighten because it's easier when you straighten it and it lasts for 2-3 days. Easier maintain and saves time and trouble in the morning.

• Sometimes our hair wants to have control of the situation and it's not supposed to. It's faster for me to straighten my hair instead of styling it a more ""natural""

• Cuz my hair is a fukin frizzy mess if I don't straighten it. Natural =/= attractive.

• I straighten my hair every year,But most of the girls who have straight hair already doesn't need to straighten their hair.

• I don't straighten my hair. It looks pretty without being straightened and the heat just damages it. When I did straighten my hair it was just for change, to switch things up. A lot of time natural is not pretty in their eyes.

• Because we're pressured by guys, our friends, our moms, to straighten it. We're let to believe that straighter more silkier hair is better and more attractive than natural by stuff that's in the media. Pretty much for many of the same reasons why girls wear makeup.

• to make it smooth, sleek & straight... I don't straighten mine very often because it's not healthy to do that to your hair... but sometimes I like to stlye it like that :)

• Because guys keep telling us how they like straight hair.

P.S. You forgot one more Ladies why do you straighten your hair:-)

What Guys Said 0