Are you a fan of tattooed quotes?

What do you think?

I think they are awesome especially when they hold meaning from Dr. Seuss to Friedrich Nietzsche to even Marilyn Monroe.

I say this mostly because I see too many images tattoos that are very unappealing to me.. maybe it's the artists fault, but I won't judge too much... I know those who judge are likely to be shown the same prejudice.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 20

• One of my best friends has a particularly long quote on her back. When I say long, I mean it covers her entire back. I don't know if anyone's ever heard it but it's Lucky's monologue from 'Waiting for Godot' I tried to find a picture or the text online but it's still too young to be out of copyright. I think it's pretty cool, but I can see her 90 year old self going 'WHAT did I do?!'

Me personally, I don't have any quotes that I love enough or have total meaning for me that I'd get it inked. I have a tattoo and I have others planned but it's more my own design than someone else's words (no matter how powerful or amazing) that I'd prefer to get inked in to my skin. That doesn't mean that I don't love some people's tattooed quotes or words. Infact, the one word I'm getting done will be 'Persevere' when I finally get to my goal weight. Just have to work out WHERE I want it between now and then.

• I don't have any tattoo's, however I have a lot of family members with them. None of them

have quotes, well not that I know of lol. Anyway, I think tattoo quotes are cool. I think

any tattoos are cool, as long as it's tasteful and not put in a spot you'll regret later in

life. Yeah what I lack in tattoos, I make up for in ear piercings lol!

• Tattoos...eh it depends on where. Huge arm tattoos are kinda a turn off and face/neck tattoos even bigger but in general I guess I don't mind them on other people. I just don't want any.

• I really like them! Depends on the place, lenght of the quote and how the quote sounds.

If it follows the lines of the body, I really like them. Thinking about getting one myself :)

• The older I've gotten, the happier I am that I didn't get tattoos when I was younger. While quotes are nice if they mean something personally, I probably wouldn't do it. I'd just make my own t-shirt with it on there or something. Much more fun, and much less permanent.

• Quotes and images can both be appealing or not. There are some pretty bad ones out there.

• Some can be very nice, so I guess I'm a fan lol

• I think it could look bad OR good. If it looks good, then I think it looks hot on a guy. Like the collar bone, chest, upper and lower back.

• I have 11 tats already, one is a quote and there's another on the way LOL So, it comes down to the quote itself. And since it's not on my body I don't have a say in it. Just don't go have something inked on and not be able to explain it because lots of people will ask lots of questions.

• I like it a lot. however, a quote my friend likes might not be a quote I like. so I guess it depends on what it is, where it is and how it looks. I am a fan of it though

• I'm quite covered. My Oscar Wilde quote is one of my favourites.

• they can be really cool,

but I wouldn't get one myself for fear I might out grow it's meaning.

• yes, most definitely.

• "life is a challenge face him" yeaaah it's printed for life ! That's what happen when you ask a friend to do the translation instead of a teacher ahah !

• Some are nice, but some are just stupid.

• I'm not a fan of any tattoos.

• Not really. I like designs better.

• Nah, I'm not into tattoos in general though.

• I don't like them much

• I like the idea of them, I think it *sounds* really cool, but then when I see them on someone I think it's kinda stupid looking...does that make sense? lol

• Yes, it does. check LupianWolf's link. I laughed really hard:)

What Guys Said 9

• I'm a big fan of misspelled or mis-attributed quotes.

Also kanji that mean something other than what the wearer was told or the tattoo artist believed they mean

Also tiny angel wings on a full-boned girl, which would have no hope of generating anywhere near the lift to get her airborne

• I enjoy reading books, though I have no interest in wearing them.

• I find it corny, I love a good quote as much as the next person but I like to live my life as original as I can. Therefore any quotes that happen to make it on my body would be my own.

• I like tattoos a lot, so I definitely like quote tattoos, but only shorter well placed quote tattoos. I have no interest in getting the whole page of a book tattooed on my shoulder, back or chest. I've seen some pretty good quote tattoos though.

• No, I find quote tattoos terribly cliched and lame.

• Im not to big on them.

• I don't like tattoos but it depends upon the design and the saying to determine which one I like more.

• Not really. I guess some can be okay but I wouldn't do that to myself.

• tattoos are horrible