Would you date a guy shorter than you? Or if you're a guy, a girl taller than you?

I'm just wondering.

Apparently -- after self-measuring myself -- I'm a measly 5'7.5''ish. And I'm 21. There are plenty of girls that height or taller.

Would you date a guy shorter than you? A girl taller than you? What do you think of couples like this?

I wonder this because I'd probably say NO. How can a guy feel even HALF manly if he's dating a girl that's taller than him?

• [Girls] Yes, I'd date a guy shorter than me.
  • [Girls] No, I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me.
  • [Guys] Yes, I'd date a girl taller than me.
  • [Guys] No, I wouldn't date a girl taller than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• no I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me.

im 5'1". and a half.

but I'd be fine with a guy 5'2" and above.

but I had a friend who was really tall and she would date guys shorter than her. she didn't really go for guys taller than her, even though she was so tall.

What Girls Said 32

• I'm 5'8" and the last guy I dated was your height. It was the first time I had ever dated someone shorter than myself so it was unusual at first. But I grew to love him anyway.

Just FYI, your manhood or manliness is not found in your height, or your d*ck size, or the number of women you sleep with, or any other that other bullsh*t.

The measure of a man is his character - how he behaves, how he handles himself, how he treats others.

• I'm 5'4 and I don't mind of the guy is shorter than me as long as he is confident. If he walks with his shoulders back and stands up straight (not cocky) I tend to forget he is shorter altogether, but if he has bad posture I become aware of his height and it makes me feel awkward. Napoleon was like 5'3 (or something close to there) which was short for that time period, he conducted himself in a way that demanded respect, not the cocky kind of demanding respect but the stately kind.

Height is not manly, it's confidence that is manly.

• No, I wouldn't. However, I'm 5'4 so...there are lots of guys taller than me and not very many shorter than me.

• It would be difficult to even find a guy shorter than me haha, but hypothetically, sure.

I don't believe that someone's masculinity or femininity is taken away from them just because of the height of the person they're in a relationship with >_>

• I probably wouldn't because I'm like 5'2...I don't really half to deal with this problem much haha

If I were taller however, like 5'7 or 5'8 like some girls are, I wouldn't mind dating someone shorter than me.

• i have dated guys shorter then me and my height. and I would again if I liked him. I'm 5'8 and from the south so there aren't that many tall guys where I'm at, and they usually like to date short chicks so I don't really have room to be judgy like that. lol

• I don't think that it would be a problem to date a guy shorter than mi but only one was shorter than mi...but...he grew hahaha. so I guess it still counts? hahaaha.

• No I probably wouldn't.

I'm a fairly chunky girl, if my man was thinner and shorter than me, I'd feel so bulky, manly and too...big!

Plus. I prefer my men taller anyway.

• I once tried dating a guy about an inch shorter and it didn't really work, but I'm pretty small at 5'5 anyway so it was pretty obvious that he was smaller than most other guys (and I like the manly type). I think for a lot of girls a 5'7.5 guy would be fine as its not far from average :)

• I'm only 5'2 and I'd date a guy shorter than me. But I'll be honest - at first glance, a guy shorter than 5'0 might seem odd to me. But if I liked him or got to know him, it would be fine.

• Well, to be shorter than me he'd have to be 5'4 or under, which would practically make him a dwarf.. not my cuppa tea. HOWEVER. My mom is an inch taller than my dad and they've been married for 27 years =) Same height is or around there is perfectly fine for most gals.

• slightly shorter but not a whole lot. tall guys are rare

• I'm 5'3 ish.. so your height wouldn't be an issue. I generally wouldn't date a guy my height or shorter because I'm already really short. 5'6 and up.

• I did date a guy shorter than me. It didn't last long though...not becuase he was short I just didn't find him attractive personality or looks. But he never kissed me so I'm not sure how that would've worked with our height difference.

• im really tall, like 5' 11'' and the last guy I dated was your height maybe a little shorter, I don't mind guys that are shorter then me.

• psh I'd date a shorter guy.

• I suggest you watch or read the manga/anime Lovely Complex. That's all about short guy Tall girl problems and how they get past them :) It's a really good anime/manga if you're into that

• Honestly, no. It wouldn't "feel" right. Probably sounds stupid, but I'd feel somewhat 'masculine' in a way, not sure if that's the right word but yea, I prefer a guy to be taller than me, especially since I'm only 5'5

• i wouldn't date a guy if he was heaps shorter than me I'm 6 foot and I would date a guy if he was a little bit bigger than me

• One of the sexiest men alive in my opinion is only 5'3". Then again, I'm attracted to feminine men so it's probably just me.

• I am... :)

• Yeah, I'd date a guy shorter than me. I am only 5'2" though, so guys shorter than me are few and far between.

• I'd be lying if I said height doesn't matter to me, but it's not a deciding factor. I'm 5'7 btw.

• nope I won't because I'm already short myself 5'2 ..

• Well I like to/have only dated guys that are a little taller than that, (like 5'10)even though I'm 5'2...but I would date you because you're super cute! :D

• I'm 5'8" and I'd date a guy that's a little shorter than me. 5'7" wouldn't be an issue.

• nah. I am 5'3. I won't date a guy shorter than me

• i would want someone taller not shorter I am only 5'4" if a guy is much shorter he looks like a kid to me

• im also 5'7" and the guy I have a crush on is a little shorter than me...his height doesn't bother me but I'm not going to lie, it makes me feel a little insecure about myself, I worry being the bigger one he won't think I'm femine enough.

• I would date a guy who is shorter than me if he had a really good personality, but I prefer taller than me. But I'm like 5'5, so being taller than me isn't too hard. lol

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 22

• i'd love to date a taller girl! the other day I met this girl who had to be a little over 2 heads on me, not only was she a bit cute, but her personality was absolutely adorable.

I don't care how damn tall she is, I could REALLY show her whos boss in the shower. lol

• I'm 5'4" tall and yes I would date a girl taller than me since a lot of them are.

As far as manly-hood is concerned I have no problems feeling manly about myself since height has nothing to do with it. But I do see that lot's of girls do have problems with shorted guys. Although I have no idea why.

• Height is really something to a girl. I've seen girls who wouldn't mind dating an ugly guy, but when it comes to height, that's a whole other story.

• I would date taller, just not much taller.

• sad to say girls genearlly like taller guys but there are a few that look at personality and/or how much money they make over height/looks.

I'm 5ft 1inch at 27 years old almost 28, so to me you shouldn't be complaining at 5'7 you aren't short at least from my point of view.

to answer your 2nd question I like girls the same height as me but a few inches taller is OK too. If she is really tall I would have to hang out with her and see if I like her but yes I'll date girls taller than me.

• I'm 6'3, so dating a girl taller than me would be hard because:

A. Not a lot of girls are over 6 foot

and B. It would be the weirdest thing being taller than everyone you know, except your Girlfriend...

• I am 5'7 and I would definetely date a girl taller than me, I think short and tall each one has their own qualities...i find it funny however, how most men will actually date a girl taller than them and how most women won't do it...guess who is the shallow one now?

• Certainly I would. I don't believe in punishing someone for something they can't help, and that includes height. I'm 6'0" but built like a bulldozer. I wouldn't feel a tiny bit emasculated if a girl I'm dating is say 6'3" and 6'6"-6'7" in heels. And it wouldn't change the fact that I'd protect her from danger. If I care about someone, it doesn't matter if they're the sizes of the liliputians or the giants from Gulliver's Travels, I'd still do everything I could to keep them safe from danger.

• At this point in my life I would date any girl I found that didn't look like a hippo...and I'm sure here soon even that's going to go out the window, because women these days don't want the nice guy, they want the tool. I am no tool

• The results of the poll show: Women are shallow. Men, less so.

lolz.

• I'm about 5'4'' or 5'5'' and it isn't hard to find girls taller than me. And yes, I would date a taller girl.

• I like tall girls but at 6'1.5 I ain't going to date a girl taller then me. Short girls are fun to date too.

• I wouldn't date anyone taller since I'm 6'4.

• Damn, lot of shallow girls on this poll.

• Yeah, why not?

• I vote C

• I would date a girl taller then me.

• yeah id date a girl that was a little taller than me

• i sure would

• i'm 4"6 so technically jus about every chick is taller than me, which I have no prolem with because I'm secure with my height...

• I'm about the same height as you. And well, recently I dated a girl who was just the tiniest bit taller than me. But the first time I saw her, I was taller than her so it must have been her shoes on the second time. She seemed fine with it, and at first I was a bit thrown off but mostly because I was hoping she wouldn't mind, and not as much that I didn't like how tall she was.

• Men having to be taller is a law of attraction.

Men have certain preferences for the female body as well. The height thing bothered me (I'm 5'9'') but then I realized that I can have standards too. I can discriminate and break hearts with the best of them.

Women can have their taller, masculine men. I'll only go for girls with big butts, nice legs, straight hair, cute face and pretty feet. If you don't measure up, I'll find someone that does. Be proud of what you want because I guarantee you won't change the laws of attraction by being a Hero.